I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by paddo, May 21, 2004.

1. paddo

paddo Member

Following the thread regarding Brighouse & Rastricks band photo with the child like editing, i thought i would set up a little competition.

The first person to pick out the three edits within this photo-

http://www.brassbandphotos.com/-/brassbandphotos/detail.asp?photoID=377717&cat=5255

-will win a free photo session for their band. The edits are complete heads or body's that have been inputted due to the player not being there.

The prize includes the sitting, my expences and a small framed print of 10" x 8" in size.

Unfortunately this is limited to the mainland, ie England, Scotland, and Wales. Sorry Ireland but as you will appreciate cost's would be too high.

So goog luck to all and happy guessing.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band photo
    heads
    Rastricks
    competition
    photo
  3. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Gah, I assume my somewhat elaborate attempt was wrong then? *breaks down in tears*

4. paddo

paddo Member

Affraid so. have another guess, no limit.....

5. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Any chance of a PM telling me if any were right? Or was I completely miles away? Or am I just being a cheeky git!

6. paddo

paddo Member

I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE WANTS A NEW BAND PHOTO?

7. Bassment Jinx

Bassment Jinx Member

Its quite hard to find them. Can we have a clue?

8. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Ok, my random guess is it's the three guys in a row on the back row, 2nd 3rd and 4th from the right hand side (counting guy behind BBb as 1st). Just seems to me it's be the easiest place to stick them in! :?

9. Bassment Jinx

Bassment Jinx Member

The tenor horn player in the back row, far left has to be a fake

10. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Here's my entry

1) The cornet player second in from the right in the middle row again looks to be looking in a different direction from the rest of the band. Also appears to have a typical 'lasso' cut effect around his head and his jacket looks a brighter colour from the rest of the band.

2) The guy third in from the left on the back row. He isn't seen with an instrument, makes it easier, and again his jacket looks brighter than the others.

3) The guy on the far right of the back row. Again the bright jacket and the big gap between him and the person next to him in the back row looks a bit suspect.

11. paddo

paddo Member

Well johnmartin has 2 correct but which 2? and who is the other?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band photo
    heads
    Rastricks
    competition
    photo
  13. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Right I have had a rethink :twisted: If that is not against the rules!!! :twisted: :twisted:

1. Cornet player second from the right middle row
    2. guy third from left backrow
    3. bass of guy standing up on left hand side

14. paddo

paddo Member

Only one correct! johnmartin had 2 right!!!

15. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Right seeing as sparkly and I both shared two nominations that means that one of those two is incorrect. I am adamant that the guy second from right in the middle row is correct so that means that the guy third from left in the back row must be for real. I've had a closer look at maximum zoom in photoshop and there seems to be something up with the sleeve of the percussion players jacket on the far left of the middle row behind the Bb bass player. There is definetly a darker patch there which seems out of place. So my revised choice would be as follows

1) The cornet player second in from the right in the middle row again looks to be looking in a different direction from the rest of the band. Also appears to have a typical 'lasso' cut effect around his head and his jacket looks a brighter colour from the rest of the band.

2) The guy on the far right of the back row. Again the bright jacket and the big gap between him and the person next to him in the back row looks a bit suspect.

3) The percussion player on the far left of the middle row standing behind the Bb Bass player because of the reasons highlighted above.

16. paddo

paddo Member

Where did you get sparkly having 2 correct?

You jihn have gone to only 1 correct john, but i am not saying which one!

come on your band needs a new photo hey?

17. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Ah, flawed your logic is.

Ok then I will revert to my original post and will ponder this on the journey home.

2) The guy third in from the left on the back row. He isn't seen with an instrument, makes it easier, and again his jacket looks brighter than the others.

3) The guy on the far right of the back row. Again the bright jacket and the big gap between him and the person next to him in the back row looks a bit suspect

So that'll be two correct again but there is definetly something up with that percussion players jacket.

18. paddo

paddo Member

back to 2 correct!!

19. HBB

HBB Active Member

4th left on the back row (the tall bloke)

Guy 3rd from Left on the back row.

Guy 2nd from left 2nd row.

20. paddo

paddo Member

did you mean from the right? as he is the tallest?

21. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

2) Bass of guy standing up on left

3) The guy on the far right of the back row.

come on!!!! that bass has got to be right!!!! :roll:

22. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yes, Sorry Mark! :? 4th from the right! :D (Never was good at directions :shock:)