i can help maybe?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by ashwortdn, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ashwortdn

ashwortdn Member

hi peep,

i am looking for a local band to play for occasionally when needed, i live in Bolton and i am at the moment not playing at all.
    i have family commitments and work too but wanna keep my lip in, previously i have played for Oldham band lees on Flugel mostly, but also played horn and cornet.
    also played for Pemberton old at grand shield and masters, most recently played for the successful Boarshurst silver band where i was principal cornet player and qualified for the nationals but due to works commitment could not commit to the finals this year. any interest please contact me.

Dave Ashworth Jnr

2. Ruth Lumb

Ruth Lumb Member

Hi Dave,
    Golcar band in Huddersfield are looking for a tutti cornet player. We are a thriving 4th section band and very friendly. You would be made very welcome. Not sure if we may be too far away for you though. See www.golcarband.co.uk for more info.
    All the best
    Ruth:biggrin:

3. Eb_Alex

Eb_Alex Member

Hi Dave, the Blackley Band is looking for Front Row cornet players and a Baritone player (if you fancy a change), we rehearse Mondays and Thursdays between 8 and 10, have a look at www.blackleyband.co.uk or email me at blackleyband@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested

We have a busy concert schedule ahead and will be taking part in a number of contests including the NW Areas.

4. Gareth G Proctor

Gareth G Proctor New Member

Hi Dave, Stacksteads Band in the Rossendale Valley, get to Rawtenstall and carry on a bit, are in need of Front Row cornet players and you'll be most welcome to turn up and have a blow. We're a non-competing 4th Section band, mainly doing concerts, but in our not to distant past have been Championship section. Like most bands we've been through a lot of personnel changes and we're currently looking to recruit more and better players. We rehearse Tuesday evenings from 8 to 10 with our next practice being tonight if you're interested.

Bolton thru to Ramsbottom, up the M66 to Rawtenstall, take the A681 to Bacup, thru the t'lights in Waterfoot centre and we're approximately 1.5 miles from Waterfoot in the right hand side just past the Hare & Hounds pub.

Regards
    Gareth (Sop).

5. Mofman

Mofman Member

Hi Dave,

The Marple Band are a non contesting good quality band based in Marple (funnily enough) we are after a 1st Horn or Solo cornet. We have one rehearsal per week which is always well attended. Our engagements are a good ratio band/work/life. Marple is about 10 - 15minutes off the M60. Easy access to get to. Basically follow one (or two) roads takes you straight into Marple.

Our website has more details about the band, which night we rehearse and the current list of engagements.
    www.themarpleband.co.uk
    Thanks

6. Backrowmike

Backrowmike Member

Hi Dave,

Nelson Brass is a friendly 3rd section - North West band. We rehearse Monday and Wednesday nights 8-10pm. We are based in Colne, Lancashire at the end of the M65.

Currently, we have a full band, apart from needing two permanent percussionists, but if you are just wanting to keep your lip in and do an occasional concert etc please contact our MD Steve Brodie on 07941 829508 or our Secretary, Jonny Earl on 07889 379729. www.[B]nelsonbrass[/B].com

7. Backrowmike

Backrowmike Member

Hi Dave,<br><br>Nelson Brass is a&nbsp;friendly&nbsp;3rd section - North West band.&nbsp;We rehearse Monday and Wednesday nights 8-10pm. We&nbsp;are based in Colne, Lancashire at the end of the M65.<br><br>Currently, we have a full band,&nbsp;apart&nbsp;from needing two&nbsp;permanent&nbsp;percussionists, but if you are just wanting to keep your lip in and do an occasional concert etc please contact our MD Steve Brodie on 07941 829508 or our Secretary, Jonny Earl on 07889 379729.&nbsp;www.<strong>nelsonbrass</strong>.com&nbsp;<br><br><br>