"I bet you wish you played the piccolo..."

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jay, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Jay

Jay Member

OMG is it just me that get's that line from somebody after EVERY SINGLE CONCERT?! Tis sooo annoying! Am always tempted to say sometihng along the lines of "well yeah I do cuz then I cud SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!"

It's quite cute when you see little kids with big eyes going "woooow it's a tuba!" but when you get the same thing from adults after every concert it gets a little tedious!:p xx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tis
    OMG
    kids
    woooow
    cud
  3. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

Yes it is pretty annoying isnt it. A good policy is to pretend you dont understand there "Humor" and say something along the lines of " a piccolo, brass bands dont have piccolo's"... humoring them by pretending to laugh at there sad joke only serves to encourage them to try it on someone else, ask your freinds, you will find the "comedian" spurred on by your reaction said the same line to them as well!!! lets just hope the law surrounding Tasar guns and who can own them changes pretty soon, cos I for one have a number of people I'm just dying to zap!!!

4. Jay

Jay Member

Rofl that's ace....I shall definitely say something like that next time :p Hehe!!! And tuba players let loose with tasar guns ;) love it :p xx

5. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

In 6 years at University I got the same 'piccolo' line every single time I took my Bass in with me from the college porter (roughly 3x a week, 40 weeks a year). He never tired of it.

Still, perhaps it's better than the kid who, as I was walking offstage at Whit Friday carrying a BBb, came up to me and said "Hey, do you play one of them [mimes trombone] wahhh-WAAH-wah [/stops miming trombone] things. I was very tempted to tell him it was a contra-contra-bass trombone and do some half valve slurring while pulling the 3rd slide out - but couldn't really be bothered and doubt he'd have appreciated it.

6. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

oh yeah...thats common....not unlike the drunk chavy kid i should imagine!!!

7. Jay

Jay Member

Haha! :p I remember doing some work experience at an infants school in year 10, and I took them for a music class - mostly involving learning a song/putting percussion instruments to it lol...but at the end of the day I brought in my tuba and showed them and played them a few tunes, let a couple of the ones that were sitting up straight try and blow a few notes...was really sweet, walking past the kids in the playground carrying my tuba case in the morning and them all going "woooow it's a REEEEAAALLY big trumpet!!!" ^_^

8. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Its always when they're standing in the way while your arm feels like its going to drop off from lugging the tuba. You get it from banders as well though (again when they're standing in your way) 'Bet you wish you played sop', well no I don't want to look like I'm straining on the loo every note.

9. markyboy

markyboy Member

10. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007