Hystericalectomy's

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by meandmycornet, Feb 7, 2006.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Hello,

Mummy has asked me to post for her (she can't work out how you post and I can't be bothered explaining!!)

how long after a hystericalectomy can you start playing again? (she plays tenor horn.... that may or may not make a difference!) she's desperate to get back to band, with the areas looming! She's bin 5 weeks now ... I think!

Any helpful hints, tips or ideas?

Fi
    xx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hello
    Hystericalectomy
    Mummy
    band
    tips
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Not having any personal experience, but I'd say the first thing to do might be to ring the surgeon and ask the question.

It may depend a great deal on the exact circumstances of the operation (there are multiple techniques that are used for that particular operation, some will require more recovery time than others).

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hmmm... did you mean "hysterocolpectomy" Fi?

5. meandmycornet

yeah she had a 'something-something' i dunno what it was :tongue: a big word :tongue: at the same time.... which was sposed to double her recovery time. A GP called Patrick told her too buzz on her mouthpiece!

6. meandmycornet

I don't know.... did I? :confused: lol!

7. Di

Di Active Member

I first played after my hysterectomy after about 6 weeks, gently playing Carols at the Christmas service, then had the Christmas break and got back into playing afterwards. But then, I did end up with a rather large incisional heria which had to put back together again. :frown: :eek:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  8. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

My friend (our principal cornet) had a cesearian and was told to wait 8 weeks, but I think she was back after 6! It depends how your Mum feels really. If she tries blowing gently and it hurts then stop and wait a few more weeks, if it feels okay then keep going for a bit! Just ease into it and don't do anything that will hurt, like playing FFF!

9. meandmycornet

maybe I won't tell mum that bit! :tongue:

10. meandmycornet

She never plays FFF! The horn section at SMTB is notorious for its quietness!

11. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I hope you mean what I think you mean.:-?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hello
    Hystericalectomy
    Mummy
    band
    tips
  13. meandmycornet

your a naughty boy! :tongue:

14. Does that mean she can't laugh any more?

15. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

I had a c-sec and was playing after 3 weeks...was a bit sore on my diaphragm but was fine after about a week...wouldn't start too soon though, stitches are funny things, and you don't want them coming undone....ouch..

16. meandmycornet

LOL!! I won't say what I was guna say.... cus she does read this and I'd get beat up! :tongue: but ermmm... no of course it doesn't!

Oh and she played a horn I lugged home from band last night and was fine so she thinks shes ok to play now!

17. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

arent you the comical genius :rolleyes:

spose someone had to do it tho... :tongue:

18. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Thanks for the repsonses! My surgeon just stared at me puzzled when I asked - but I had only just come round from the anaesthetic and think a slurred a bit!!!

Done a few 'gentle' scales & can't feel anything!!!

The reason I had to borrow a horn is because I have sent my own away to be reconditioned (also takes away the temptation!!!) Advert.... For an excellent instrument repairer.... McQueens in Salford!!! (that should get me a discount!!!)

The 1st horn part for Entertainments looks a bit daunting at this stage but as Fi says the band never expect much from the horn section anyway?!?!?! Saying that, I think I'll have another weeks gentle home practise before attempting a rehearsal!

19. HBB

HBB Active Member

Make sure you don't over do it, when I had a hernia op, I couldn't play for 3 weeks, and eased myself gently in (with rips up to top C#'s?) but I only did a little, cos I didn't want to cause a relapse! I think the idea is just to be moderate and sensible!?

20. Steve

Steve Active Member

I find that to be true in every walk of life, one of my moto's infact. I would think you would be a better judge than anyone else on this Liz as everyone has different recovery periods.

21. meandmycornet

Don't tell her that! :tongue: she'll think she's clever or summat! (I love you really Mummy! )

22. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Ouch!:eek: