'Hymns of Praise' - Hepworth Band

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by hoppiebari, Oct 7, 2010.

1. hoppiebari

hoppiebari Member

St Paul’s Hall, Huddersfield will ring to the sounds of brass and voices on Sunday 31st October, 7pm when the Hepworth band will be joined in concert by their very special guests the Colne Valley Male Voice Choir.

The concert, ‘Hymns of Praise’ is the final concert of the bands successful 2010 series and will feature a programme of sacred music, favourite hymns and music by Salvationist composers.

The band and choir will join forces to perform the hymns ‘Take my Life’, ‘Let there be Light’ and ‘the Irish Blessing’, whilst the bands programme will include music by James Curnow in ‘A Psalm of Praise’, ‘Procession to Covenant’ by William Himes, ‘Mid all the traffic', 'Variations on Laudate Dominum' and ‘the Lord is Gracious’, featured by the band in the recent BBC Songs of Praise programme from Holmfirth.

The Colne Valley men, directed by Thom Meredith will be performing arrangements by Alan Simmons in ‘Give me that old time Religion’ and ‘Every time I feel the Spirit’, as well as male voice favourites ‘the Lily of the Valley’ and ‘Gwahoddiad’. Thom is also to be featured as a soloist with the choir in ‘You Raise me Up’.

The concert gets underway at 7pm. Tickets cost £8 and are available from Wm Sykes & Sons Estate Agents, Holmfirth, the White Horse Inn, Jackson Bridge and from Kirklees Box Offices (01484 223200 or book online at www.kirklees.gov.uk).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hymns of Praise' - Hepworth Band
    Hepworth
    St Paul's Hall
    Huddersfield
    Colne Valley Male Voice Choir