Hymns for Brass Quintet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Darth_Tuba, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I'm supplying a brass quintet for a wedding and was wondering wether anyone knew of a good source for brass quintet arrangements of the following hymns:

How Great Thou Art
    Make Me a Channel of Your Peace
    Lord of All Hopefullness

This is mainly because I'm lazy and can't be bothered transposing the Frech horn parts from brass band versions. If there aren't any, do any of the brass band hymn books have all three in so that I could use those (and under which names)? I'm hoping that made sense, my brain stops working after 3 pm at work.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    brass quintet
    wedding
    any
    source
    quintet arrangements
  3. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

The Salvation Army hymn tune book has How Great Thou Art (no 544) and Lord of all hopefulness (no 789 - called Slane) in 4 parts with euph part as a kind of obligato thingy.

I have an arrangement of Make me a channel which I did for our band and it's pretty straightforward and could be played with 5 players. If you want it then send me a pm or something.

Paul Drury
    Edinburgh Gorgie SA Band

4. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Chris, both 544 & 789 are in book 2 of The Salvation Army Band Tune Book. For a standard brass quintet I would suggest parts as follows;
    1st cornet, 2nd cornet, 2nd horn (this is in Eb obviously) euphonium (for the trombone player) and Eb bass.
    Each part costs £6.50 but contain about 400 tunes.
    (Book 1 has about 500).

http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/satb.html

5. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll get myself some copies of the SA books as I'm sure they'll be useful in future. :)

6. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Right! Was wondering if anyone could assist me. I have ordered the hymn books as suggested, however left it very late (due to one thing and another) and they now won't arrive 'til next week. I need them for Saturday :oops: I have access to an arrangement of Make Me a Channel so that's ok. Was wondering if I could beg/steal/borrow (preferably the latter) some of the books off someone in the area (north west)? Anyone who might be able to help, PM me or reply on here. I will continue to search elsewhere though! :oops: