Hymn tune arrangements

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BRIAN KEECH, Jan 31, 2010.

BRIAN KEECH Member

Does anyone know if the following Hymns have been arranged for band.

All For Jesus
    To God be The Glory.

All help is appreciated
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Not to my knowledge - Having just listened to them on the internet they seem be 'modern day' hymns, which means they could well be copyrighted.

They probably have been arranged at some point, so if anyone has any useful information please contact Brian using the PM facility!!!!

3. still learnin

still learnin Member

To God be the Glory was in the SA tune book when I was a lad. Can't imagine that it would have been removed in the last 40 years since I last played it so should be easy to get your hands on.
  4. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

"To God be the Glory"

- The Salvation Army Band Tune Book (1987 version - the "Blue Books") No. 576

The tune book was split into two volumes, 1-500, and 501-871, so you only need the 2nd book.

We have a set, which you're welcome to borrow, however they are large, bulky and heavy, so posting isn't really an option.

"All for Jesus", as far as I can tell isn't in the SA Books; Here is a link to a PDF version: http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Sitting_at_the_Feet_of_Jesus/pdf/

According to the website, the hymn is Public Domain, so it shouldn't be beyond the capabilities of even a moderately skilled arranger to knock up a quick four-part band version. If you want further help, please PM me.