Hymn Tune arrangements needed

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Ipswich trom, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Can anyone help please?

We need a couple of Hymn tunes for a service we are playing at on 20th July but we don't have them and I have been unable to locate them so far.

The first is the tune "Binchester" used for the Hymn "Happy are They".

The second is "Angel Voices".

If anyone can point me in the right direction or has them I would be most grateful for the information.

Thanks.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    arrangements
    Hymn Tune
    Hymn tunes
    couple
    first
  3. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

I'll have a look at band tonight for you Ian and send you a text, providing your number is still the same.

4. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Thanks Chris, number is still the same.

5. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

Hi Ian, sorry for not texting. Had a look and I can't believe that we haven't got them.

Easy to pick up a hymn book and do a simple 4 part harmony straight off the organ/piano part though. Miss Petter will have a methodist hymn book with the music if it's in there. (Well her mum does anyway).

6. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Thanks for checking Chris. I will ask helen tonight. I did find a pdf version of Angel Voices so have done that one but surely someone must know or have the tune "Binchester".

7. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

8. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

9. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Just chased the links down a level or two from what Google turned up - 'twere nothing, really :oops:

10. hi ian ive got angel voices in our library.could send you copy through post if thats any good, but not got binchester. my name is dennis and am librarian for ireland colliery band in chesterfield.

11. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Thanks to everyone that replied. We now have the hymns we need.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    arrangements
    Hymn Tune
    Hymn tunes
    couple
    first