Hurricane Charley

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Brian Bowen, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

We are so thankful to have been spared the wrath of Hurricane Charley. It's path had been predicted to make landfall in the Tampa Bay area yesterday but instead it did so farther south and headed northeast, narrowly missing us in Sarasota. However, it has caused enormous devastation to other areas.

We personally were not in an evacuation zone but thousands who were are now able to return to their homes. Today we are unbattening the hatches. Our prayers are for those who have suffered.

2. mad_female

mad_female Member

Hi

Glad to hear you have come through the hurricane safely. I have friends in Valrico, Tampa Bay and have yet to hear how they are doing. I hear that there is a lot of devastation and that it will take a while to clear up.

Rhian

3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Glad to hear you're OK Brian.

Glad we don't have things like this to put the wind up us!

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

It is a terrible natural disaster. We were in Cuba only a couple of weeks ago and counting are blessings that we're not there now. I hope all your friends are safe and well.

xx

5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Saw reports on the news tonight and like each hurricane and disaster its shocking and devistating... my thoughts and prayers go out to all concerned.

6. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Hi Brian:

We have family in the Venice area and share your mixed emotions. So grateful for their (and your) safety but concerned for others not so fortunate.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

7. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

Brian and John

I am so pleased that you and your immediate family are safe. Hopefully, your friends and colleagues in problem areas will also be alright.

Kindest regards

Keith Quinn

www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/quinn.htm

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Glad everything's OK, Brian.

I've read, though, that the tail end of HC is heading towards the west and south east of the UK in the next few days. Whilst not as powerful as HC itself, I think battening down the hatches might be a good idea if this is true!

9. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Looking at what happened to Boscastle, I don't think it will be enough!

10. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Thing that worries me, is the fact that you're safer in your car if it rains and there's lightening, but if there's no lightening and heavy rain/flooding, then sitting in your car is one of the most hazardous places to be.....?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Hurricane Charley
    wrath
    thousands
    area
    devastation