Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SAEEbAusBoy, Aug 24, 2008.

1. SAEEbAusBoy

SAEEbAusBoy New Member

Hi all!

I've been browsing these forums for a few months now, mainly during my study class at school, and finally decided to sign up and make my opinion heard.

For those of you who are unable to decipher my name, it's SA (Salvation Army) EEb (dubble e flat bass) Aus (you should know this [Australia]) Boy (need I explain?).

I've played the Bass for nearly 4 years now (so much experience!) but; I've performed in 5 paying concerts with the Temple Band, and every Sunday, we perform in the streets. So I'm not as inexperienced as you may think.

I am proud of my reasonable grasp of the English language and choose to "flaunt" it as often as possible, so watch out for my punctuation and grammar skillz.

This post is also to thank all of you for your entertaining discussions on what ever topic comes to mind first, as it has gotten me through many a study class.

2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Guddday young man, yes you must be very conscieshus about your spelling gramma and all that guff on here, or you'll have the local pedant police on you like a ton of kangaroo dung.

Nice to have another bassist on board to assist with the ongoing battle against the inferior enemy of the smaller instrument brigade.

PS watch out for a couple of "mankillers" (flutey & Leisa) that eat poor unsuspecting Aussies for breakfast :wink:
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Hello, person with the complicated username ;)
    Welcome to tMP!
  4. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

g'day Glad to see some local players getting on here, I'm from a neibouring band to the west of you
  5. Rodney

Rodney Member

And to the South of you.......though not in the Salvos (any more).
  6. goldencornet

goldencornet New Member

Welcome to the forum! I will be willing to help if you need any assistance!
  7. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Hello there, I'd like to partially agree with my esteemed colleague's (steve butler) comments about smaller instrument brigade....I play bass trom which is not inferior he he

Thanks for explaining your username, I thought you'd just randomly hit keys to make it up! ;-)