Hudds and Salford Students

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Seedhouse, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Having applied to three Music courses through CUKAS, and two through UCAS (WELL confusing!) I didn't know if I could ask a quick question!?
    Obviously I will be doing auditions for the CUKAS applications, but I didn't know if anyone who has previously applied for (or studying there!) could clarify that I will also have to do auditions at Hudds and Salford too, or whether you just get offered places on the basis of grades?

Cheers in advance guys!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Salford
    CUKAS
    Hudds
    UCAS
    basis of grades
  3. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

Hi. I have just started in year one at Salford. I had to do an audition at both Hudds and salford.

Rach

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yes, of course you have to audition.

5. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Yeah, I auditioned at Salford, just as well, because I have no musical grades what-so-ever, and wouldn't have got in otherwise.

6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Sorry Naruco, it just didn't say anywhere that I could see! :(

7. treblif

treblif New Member

I didnt have to audition and got accepted by huddersfield. You get a letter saying youve been accepted and would you like to come for an audition if you want to do a 'major' (dont think its that but cant think of any other word) in performance.

If you dont want the audition you might get accepted as long as you get grade 8 before you go. That happened to me

8. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

What are you studying there?
    I was hoping to do Performance, so looks like i'll have to audition!
    Anywho, was kind of expecting it, so it's not a problem, just wish i'd seen information about it!

9. Feefee

Feefee Member

Hey Alex! My name is Fi! (Fiona) and ive just had an audition 4 Hudds! I play tenor Horn and because i had just taken ma grade 8 but not actually got ma result and wanted 2 go 4 performance A course i had an audition! Unlucky really as i just recieved my result day after and i passed!!!!!!!!!! Wahooooooooo. So happy bout dat as i only bin on Horn 6 months! Did play Soprano 3 yrs b4 and Bb cornet 4 9 yrs b4 moving on to Horn so that helped lol!
    Anyways all the best!
    May see ya in near future at Hudds!

10. BOB_

BOB_ Member

im having to audiyion to both hudds and salford although i had to call and ask if salford wanted me to audition because there was nothing on the letter to indicate that they wanted me to play it just said interview

11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

If you come to salford you'll have an audition and do some theory tests, although nothing major as far as i remember

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Salford
    CUKAS
    Hudds
    UCAS
    basis of grades
  13. Feefee

Feefee Member

Hey, I recieved ma letter b4 xmas saying i had got a place on the Performance A course at Hudds! So pleased bout that!
    Gud luk 2 every1 doing an audition!

14. Bex_Euph

Bex_Euph Member

Hi Im at Hudds uni doing music.
    If you would like to do performance A (Major performance) you will need to have an audition. But like treblif said if you want to do performance B (Minor performance) you dont have to have an audition.
    Treblif started the course on performance B but was able to swap onto A during the first week. I had an audition to get in, I would recommend having one because more then anything you will get to meet your perfomance teacher and have a look around. If your having euph as your main instrument then your teacher will be Dave Thornton you will get the oppertunity to meet him and see if hudds is for you if you have an audition. You will get a letter explaining all of this anyway!

15. Feefee

Feefee Member

Soz dint explain well! I have already had ma audition! had it in december and got reply saying i got place on performance A course week after! I dint meet the propa tutor (Melvyn Bathgate for tenor horn - thats wat i play) - have already met him b4! but i did meet barrie webb! And Lisa the addmissions tutor! Shes really nice!
    Hope 2 see ya at end of dis year.
    Fi.

16. hahahahaha

good old barry!!!

*points her arm out and rotates her wrist in tiny circles*

oh the joys of huddersfield uni and how i miss them :-(

17. lornamac

lornamac New Member

One of my pupils applied to Salford through UCAS and has just received a letter from them offering her a place but hasn't done an audition or been asked to go down and audition. Can this be right??

18. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

Though it's unusual, it's not uncommon to get an offer from a university without an audition (I've got an offer from Leeds Uni without doing an audition). Though I auditioned to Salford before I went, it could be that they need to fill places so are offering people who are good enough on paper without feeling the need to audition them.

19. rach_tenor_horn

rach_tenor_horn New Member

I've applied to Salford, and got my offer back yesterday. it didn't say anywhere on my letter that they wanted me to audition, so I foned the admissions people just to be on the safe side, and they said I definitley didnt need to, so it is possible!