huddersfield uni marathon band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by pbirch, Mar 5, 2011.

1. pbirch

pbirch Member

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

3. pbirch

pbirch Member

thanks for that
  4. blue juice

blue juice Member

It's a very worthy cause and a massive effort from them, they've been in training for months. Best of luck to all of them.
  5. pbirch

pbirch Member

just see them on the TV and they look to be in good shape, heading for 6 hours
  6. TonyW

TonyW Supporting Member

If they`re planning for May, then they`ll be too late - I`ve just watched some of it on telly this morning . . . . .
  7. blue juice

blue juice Member

They finished in 6 hours 58 minutes taking a Guiness World Record. Outstanding effort and over £30000 raised for the charity Sense. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  8. pbirch

pbirch Member

...and Philip McCann was in the band too.
  9. jonesbp

jonesbp Member

Wow... Amazing achievement! Well done!
  10. katieeuph

katieeuph Member

:clap:That's absolutely amazing- well done to everyone :clap:
  11. Di B

Di B Member

Donated - have you put this on 4BR?
    I haven't seen it...
    Popping a couple of photos on there with a link to your donations page might be in order?

Well done :-D
  12. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Agreed, a tremendous effort from all concerned. Good on em. I know a few of the members from the bands around huddersfield, so was well pleased to hear they got the record.

By the way, when you said:

Just guessing, from your user ID, but he wouldn't happen to be called Tom, and presently occupying a chair on the cornet bench at Wakey Met would he?

If so, you can rest assured we've already given him a lot of sponsorship!
  13. pbirch

pbirch Member

over the years it has proved impossible for me to disown him, but yes that's him :)
  14. blue juice

blue juice Member

People can donate here and keep an eye on the total raised. Donations are still being added to the final total. Any support would be very welcome.