Huddersfield Uni it is!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Matt Lawson, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

Right bands, you may start recruiting me now.

You've got just over a year to do it ;)

ANyone else on here have any experience of Huddersfield Uni or even the surrounding area?

I've been for a look but wouldn't mind a bit more of an insight to the town and the bands around it.

Ta muchly.

2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Just remember to turn up, I did the year in between thing before goin to the Hudd and forgot all about it.

I know loads of people that will never leave Huddersfield its that good.

3. flower girl

flower girl Member

i live literally 5 minutes from hudds town centre, its a pretty decent place, what are you wanting to study?

4. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

well im off there, to a fully fledged Music student, with an emphasis on performance! (its the tutors i feel sorry for!)

anyone else coming?

kel x

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Great Town, great Uni, great footie team *cough*, great people, loads of great bands.

You're more than welcome to come for a blow with us, pm me if you want any info regarding where and when.

6. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

Great footy team?

I'll still be following my beloved Scarborough FC every week. Hop on the train to home games and make as many away games as I can to places like Halifax, Altrincham, SOuthport, Morecambe etc. seeing as they're really close.

I might go to watch Town if there's nowt else on!

ANyway, I'm studying music, probably staying ta Storthes Hall.

7. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

You'll not regret going to Huddersfield! I've just left uni but I want to go back and do it all again, mainly cos a grown up job isn't as much fun! I've got a proper house here now, I don't want to leave! And you can't beat Johnny's for a smashing night out in town.

8. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Huddersfield is great, I'm just going into my third year now doing music. Bands-wise there's an absolute abundence - from very top quality (Sellers, Pennine), right down to 4th section. And pretty much everyone one of them (at least the ones I've played with) have been great.

The area is good as well, in my opinion, as a town, not too big and not too small. Got everything you need without overwhelming you. Very much a bar culture, lots of style bars have been popping up recently, though there's some good clubs too (just not Johnny's, Jayne :p).

I wouldn't hesitate if I were you! ;)

9. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

Don't believe her, you never know what you might end up going home with from Johnnys :eek:

That aside, Huddersfield's a great place, I came here 8 years ago as a student and just forgot to go back home. Loads of great bands in the area, depends what kind of level of banding you're looking for. You be more than welcome to come and have a blow with Huddersfield Brass (3rd Section), just PM me and let me know.

10. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

a smashing night as in u could end up losing ur teeth.... i bet u get *beep* off with the storthes hall bus in ur first week, when ur drunk the kamikaze bus driver is great fun (esp.the hill at start of storthes hall lane with the lights off :S) but if ur hungover or late for uni that bus is ur worse nightmare.make lots of friends and get taxis (£5 each way) hudds uni is great, if i could be arsed going back..i would.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2005
  11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Huddersfield Uni
    Ta
    insight
    experience of Huddersfield Uni
    Right bands
  12. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

The Storthes Hall bus ride can be avoided by moving into the various halls of residence close to the uni itself, since Storthes is far from the only choice nowadays.

13. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Back in the day eh Forest!

I can't believe no one else thinks Johnny's is a fun night out! You do have to be absolutely wasted before you go in, but I love it!

14. Sellers_Bird

aye yeah back in the day.. i didnt even know u lived across the way from me for ages! all the alcohol must have blurred my vision :rolleyes:

15. Moy

Moy Active Member

Booze at uni never !!!!!;)

16. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Once you've worked there for a little while you realise it's not that great ... :p

(unsuprisingly I've quit now)

17. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

It didn't blur your vision enough, you still managed to steal my post! x

18. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

I'm coming!!

just waiting for my room numbers etc.

ooo this time in two weeks i'l be enroling or whatever we have to do :frown:

19. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

If you're like any self respecting fresher you'll be getting absolutely wasted! :biggrin: :tup

As for your room number, Myers B is the place to be! :biggrin:

20. Sellers_Bird

u will find that Laycock A + B are the places to be..especially if u like food fights, cookers flying out of top floor windows... and randoms flying past ur block down the road in wheelie bins.:biggrin:

21. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

You little beauty! Laycock isn't the same without me and you hanging out our windows shouting abuse! x

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Huddersfield Uni
    Ta
    insight
    experience of Huddersfield Uni
    Right bands