Huddersfield in September

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by lottie4744, Jul 7, 2005.

1. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Hiya Everyone.
    A mate of mine is off to Huddersfield University in September studying Music and she's asked me to get some numbers and contacts together for her. She plays Flugel as her first instrument, but she also plays cornet.
    So if anyone has any e-mail addresses or numbers of people in bands surrounding the Huddersfield area could you PM them to me or reply to the thread.
    Thanks very much.

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

PMs would be better - bearing the following bit of the tMP Rules:

3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hi Lottie,

Emley Brass Band (4th section but going in the right direction) are on the lookout for tutti cornets, your friend would be made more than welcome if they fancied coming along for a blow.
    We've posted an ad with contact details here.

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15102

We're an extremely good fun but hard working band and are looking for dedicated players to help us climb the sections.

Look forward to hearing from you. ;)

4. barrytone

barrytone Member

Bands in Huddersfield Area

Hebden Bridge band are close to Huddersfield, lifts are available from the University, we're Yorkshire Second Section Champions and will be promoted to First Section 2006. We're looking for an assistant principal cornet or back row player, depending on what your preferences are. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks

5. The Euph of Today

The Euph of Today New Member

Hi
    YBS Concert Brass (1st section) welcome students. We are based in Bradford, not far from Huddersfield

PM me if interested

Cheers

6. Malcolm Dibb

Malcolm Dibb New Member

Hi,

Grange Moor (2nd section 2006) have players going to university next year .
    We are 5 miles outside Huddersfield.Very friendly bunch of people.
    Please get in touch if you are interested.