How's tMP performing for you? ....:)

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, May 26, 2004.

?

Hows' tMP performance/speed following our recent server move...?

1. I have fast internet access/broadband - tMP is faster since the move...

94.1%
  2. I have fast internet access/broadband - tMP is slower since the move...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have dial-up internet access- tMP is faster since the move...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have dial-up internet access- tMP is slower since the move...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No change...

5.9%
  6. Other... please specify in your reply...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

Well, as you may know by now, tMP has recently switched webhost and though the transition has indeed had d a few teething troubles, hopefully things are settling down a bit now. Many thanks for your patience and co-operation here.

I want to continue to ensure that things are all OK at your end, and as such I wonder if you could take the time & trouble to answer this poll for me please. As there is no multi-choice option within polls in phpBB2 (the application software we use here on tMP), I have provided several options for you to choose from which also identify your internet acces type - so please read these carefully before you answer.

Please choose the option relevant for your internet connection speed and your corresponding opinion on tMP's performance/speed since the server move.

Many thanks...

John

2. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

John,

It's working well for me off my broadband connection. You may want to lose the Easter Eggs from the banner though now :)

Cheers, Greg.

3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

It seems a bit faster at the moment... I use the company's broadband anyway, so it's a bit nippy, but I haven't had any problems with pages not loading/half loading etc so far!

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Speed wise it hasnt made much of a difference here (being in Salford using dial-up)...
    But the pages are all loading up fine, so far... no faults or errors like I was getting occassionally before hand...

5. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Bit sluggish compared to before, but work server has been swamped.

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I conect from home on broadband (BT) I can't say i've spotted any difference in the loading speeds.

7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Trying to post this message is an example for me! I have been refreshing for about 5 minutes. I am at work on a fast internet connection and it kept timing out. Got here eventually, though. :D

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

everything is fine for me, but on high speed broadband anyway

9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

hmmmm, at home i'm using dial up which, coupled with my god awful pc makes for very slow loading. I regulary have to click "back" and then "forward" to get the pages to load up. Thinking its more to do with my naff pc (PII 266.. 2Gb HD etc....) than anything else.

At uni on the broadband I have no problems at all!!

10. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

High Speed Broadband, so no overall change. All seems good.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi All Well
    tMP
    phpBB2
    John
    things
  12. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I'm thinking that my problem at work might be to do with the change of proxy server that they implemented recently. I have no probs on dial up it seems at home!

13. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I have a T1/LAN connection provide by Uni so when it works it is really fast - the only problem is it only works half the time.

14. TheMusicMan

tMP or the T1/LAN connection...??

15. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

At home with broadband tMP might be a tad faster, but it's pretty quick anyway so it's hard to tell. At work with a super-slow and overloaded network there is definetely no change in speed, although I seem to be having more success with pages loading now. Since the move though I get the odd time when it says "not available" (at work, not at home) normally trying again after a while gets me in. No real problem with that it just means I have to go and do some flippin' work.....

16. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

absolutely zero change in performance, Broadband at home/T1 at uni.

had a debug error where it couldn't identify me once on sunday night, but it still posted anyway.

although I've had several issues with being logged out in the same browser window, but different tabs while using Mozilla Firefox.

17. six pints

six pints Active Member

Im on LAN connection, only difference ive noticed is that i cant log in automatically, and yes, i have ticked the box hat tells them to. dunno why that is....

18. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

It's a bit faster on my appalling dial up connection.

19. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

im on broadband and havent noticed any change really

20. TheMusicMan

Just spotted your post Greg... hmmm.. these have been gone since last Easter... you perhaps may need to force a refresh from your browser window by pressing ctrl-f5 when viewing tMP ..;)

21. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Still painfully slow for me I'm afraid... on ISDN. Have checked all my usual sites and tMP is the only thing thats changed. :(
    (And no Ben, my computer's not blonde!)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi All Well
    tMP
    phpBB2
    John
    things