How well do you know your NABBA Bands? (An anagram)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DublinBass, May 31, 2004.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I hope I am not breeching etiquette here, but I thought Dave ought to be able to enter at least one anagram quiz himself. All of the following are NABBA member bands (many of which competed at the last championship in Charleston, WV). Pm me when you have all 15 for a most ridiculous prize!!

1. lob mucus (8)
    2. ill in so (7)
    3. go a chic (7)
    4. bars and sparerib (6,5,4)
    5. i erase a town (7,4)
    6. darlene the host (7,7)
    7. we're stern serve (77)
    8. rot on a chile (7,4)
    9. sail in to us (5,5)
    10. jim done a mass (5,7)
    11. cacti in inn (10)
    12. tim cry too (5,4)
    13. nut is not a mate (8,5)
    14. she is nun (8)
    15. ohm met a clown (12)

(edit - # of letters & sorry about the poor word in there)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bands
    NABBA
    member bands
    anagram
    All
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Blimey this is even harder than the italian one! Could take a while.....

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Course you're not breaching etiquette! It's not like I think I have 'anagram' rights on these boards. I just love setting quizzes (cos I'm sad like that! :) I'll have a go at this! Cheers!;-)

5. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

I am pretty sure that this one should have another "I", and the first word should be seven letters long...

"Ribs and a sparerib", perhaps. Or "Baris and sparerib".

Or "Barbara's pin is red".

-Lothian

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

There were two that got the answers correct...PeterBale and Lothian. There was an error in #4 (Don't quite know how Lothian figured out the mistake :roll: - sorry, no offense)

So one of our winners can have a swell NABBA hat (I won it at contest a few years back and never quite found a use for it) or if you would rather I'll buy you a pint whenever we actually meet :guiness.

Thanks to the non-US tMpers that took an interest :D

PJH

Answers below

1. lob mucus ( - Columbus
    2. ill in so (7) - Illinois
    3. go a chic (7) - Chicago
    4. i bars and sparerib (6,5,4) - Prairie Brass Band
    5. i erase a town (7,4) - Eastern Iowa
    6. darlene the host (7,7) - Sheldon Theatre
    7. we're stern serve (77) - Western Reserve
    8. rot on a chile (7,4) - Central Ohio
    9. sail in to us (5,5) - Saint Louis
    10. jim done a mass (5,7) - James Madison
    11. cacti in inn (10) - Cincinnati
    12. tim cry too (5,4) - Motor City
    13. nut is not a mate (8,5) - Mountain State
    14. she is nun ( - Sunshine
    15. ohm met a clown (12) - Commonwealth

7. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

It's sort of amazing how I caught that one, isn't it!! 8)

I have lots of NABBA paraphrenalia already, in the form of t-shirts from most of the recent contests. I think Peter should get the swell NABBA hat and I'll settle for a pint one of these days. :guiness :D

-Lothian

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Hell, BBC! The answers came too soon for me! (I had most of them, honest! Ho hum I'll be quicker off the mark next time! ;-)) More of the same, please. It's nice to be able to answer a quiz! ;-)

9. Nat

Nat Member

how do you's do that my head nearly exploded with those!!

10. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

Well, some of us are members of NABBA bands and therefore know the names of many of the bands in the U.S. already. :-D

If you wanted to have a similar advantage, you could also go to the NABBA website at www.nabba.org and look up the member bands. ;-)

-Lothian

11. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Looks like I picked the wrong week to be absent from tMP!

With the torndoes that swept through here in the last couple of weeks, our anagram was damn near prophetic!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bands
    NABBA
    member bands
    anagram
    All
  13. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

I hope that everyone in EIBB is okay, that none of you were literally blown away!! Is Usher's Ferry still there?? I hope so, since we're really looking forward to playing there with you guys on June 19th!!

On a related note, an intense thunderstorm dropped some hail on us on Monday as we were preparing for a Memorial Day parade outside of Chicago, and before we could get under cover. Fortunately the hail was small, but it was still alarming to hear it pinging off the tubas!!! :shock: :shock:

After it blew over we dried off a bit, did the parade, then split just as another storm blew in!!

-Lothian

14. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Yes, everyone in EIBB is fine (as far as I know, I did miss a rehearsal last Thursday.)

Usher's Ferry is very much there, the new Visitor's Center is Open and is a really neat addition. The Cedar River was flooding, I haven't heard of any damage, hope not and I'm sure the grounds will be dry (although mosquito infested) by then. We're looking very forward to having our Prairie and IBB friends here and can almost hear the chants of "rum cake, rum cake, rum cake..." starting now.

This reminds me that I should post a concert announcement, hadn't thought about that yet (gee, as the publicity chair, you'd think I'd be on top of it.)

See you in 12 days and counting!