How to use "Private messages"

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 18, 2002.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

If you wish to be notified when you have received a new private message, all you need to do is...

• Open your Profile
      Make sure that Notify on new Private Message is set to Yes
    and ...

• Make sure that Pop up window on new Private Message is set to Yes
    ... that's it. Next time you receive a Private Message from someone on theMouthPiece.com, you'll be notified.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Yes
    new private message
    color
    Private messages
    Pop
  3. Nat

Nat Member

Re: How to use "Private messages"+ pop ups

john ive done that and i still dont get a pop up to notify me is it just me?

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Nat

I have developed a problem with my computer at the moment and I'm not getting the pop-up notifications either; I also find that I can't follow any links to other pages without the system seizing up.

It may be that your computer itself is blocking all pop-ups, which I believe other people have found, but as to how to fix it I'm afraid I can't help, or I'd have sorted mine out as well :oops:

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Nat

Hmm.. not sure what the issue might be here I am afraid. As Peter suggests, are you using any Anti-Virus or Popup stopper software that might have reset to default 'block' settings?

It might also be a cookie issue. Try clearing out all of your cookies which on IE is done by

Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies

... this might work.

Hope this helps...

6. Nat

Nat Member

yep its my pop up blocker he he im silly :oops: