How to use "Private messages"

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Nov 18, 2002.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

If you wish to be notified when you have received a new private message, all you need to do is...

• Open your Profile
      Make sure that Notify on new Private Message is set to Yes
    and ...

• Make sure that Pop up window on new Private Message is set to Yes
    ... that's it. Next time you receive a Private Message from someone on, you'll be notified.
  2. Nat

Nat Member

Re: How to use "Private messages"+ pop ups

john ive done that and i still dont get a pop up to notify me is it just me?
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Nat

I have developed a problem with my computer at the moment and I'm not getting the pop-up notifications either; I also find that I can't follow any links to other pages without the system seizing up.

It may be that your computer itself is blocking all pop-ups, which I believe other people have found, but as to how to fix it I'm afraid I can't help, or I'd have sorted mine out as well :oops:
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Nat

Hmm.. not sure what the issue might be here I am afraid. As Peter suggests, are you using any Anti-Virus or Popup stopper software that might have reset to default 'block' settings?

It might also be a cookie issue. Try clearing out all of your cookies which on IE is done by

Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies

... this might work.

Hope this helps...
  5. Nat

Nat Member

yep its my pop up blocker he he im silly :oops: