How to really upset your Dad!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JessopSmythe, Jan 12, 2007.

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Here's dads new car
    [​IMG]
    His son borrowed it to see what it could do, lost control and hit a power pole at nearly 200mph

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This car has 9 miles on the clock. One of those was clocked up after he started skidding!
    [​IMG]

The driver walked away with bruising from the seatbelt and some small cuts from flying glass!
    Hate to think what sort of injuries he sustained when dad turned up to collect him!

2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Pics look familiar - is that the accident on the Pacific Coast Highway? If it's the same one (and there can't be that many totalled Enzos), it's even weirder than that. The car is (was) owned by an LA millionaire who was found dazed and confused but otherwise OK in the passenger seat. It seemed the driver, whom the owner says he hadn't known long and only knew as "Dietrich" didn't just walk away from the accident, he legged it in a panic while wondering how he was going to explain spannering an irreplaceable million-dollar supercar. There is, however, a suspicion that the owner himself was driving, racing a Mercedes McLaren SLR having had a few drinks. Having survived the crash he quickly slid into the passenger seat and pretended someone else was driving. After all, would you let a drinking buddy whose full name you didn't know drive your Ford Fiesta, never mind a Fezza? LA Plods are on the case....

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari22feb22,0,1233660.story

3. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

It was me honest gov... I'd love to drive an enzo. Only 99 made if I'm right. Oh well more money than sense. Letting a NQD drive that!!!!

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

400 actually Chris. 399 initially, then a 400th was made and donated to the Vatican who auctioned it off to raise money for I think $1.5M

5. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Wow - they shouldn't have sold it. That would have been some Popemobile.

6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

7. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

Flipping 'eck, didn't think they'd made that many. Although a few have been written off now so there's definately less. ;)