How to contact a member

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by flugelman, Nov 19, 2008.

1. flugelman

flugelman Member

I need to get a message to a TMP member (Masterblaster Jnr.) but when I send a PM it bounces back saying he cant recieve it.

Can anyone help or if masterblaster jnr. reads this can you email me at

2. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

you can't send it because he's lazy and hasn't emptied his tMP inbox out.
  3. alanl58

alanl58 Member

I thought this would be a thread about how the poor old Band Secretary (or whoever) has the unenviable task of telling band members about a last minute notice change in venue, times, uniform, bad weather programme etc, or event, or whatever.

Personally I find e-mail the cheapest, but not everyone looks a their inbox before a gig. Txting is ok if the player has a mobile, and it is switched on, and has credit (to reply), and is within range of a service (sparse here in Cornwall).

Otherwise it is the landline, which means at least five minutes for each call, and thus after twenty calls there will always be someone who has already set out, and thus misses the re-call or change in details.

How do other bands cope?

4. LynneW

LynneW Member

Our Band use a phone tree where the Secretary contacts 2 committee members who each phone 2 more committee members who then each phone 2 players etc. It means nobody has to make more than 2 phone calls and a lot of players don't need to phone anyone at all. Everyone in the band has a copy of the phone tree with landline and mobile numbers on.
  5. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Our people send us emails, facebook messages, texts and if all else fails, then a phone call.....
  6. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Ive been wondering about the PM side of things myself - ive sent a few messages recently without reply... now the obvious problems is people ignoring me (which i get used to been a conductor) but 2 of them have been to the musicman himself!

My last band had the phone cascade in operation - as MD i would phone 3 players, and there was a list of names that everyone had - you just phoned the next person in the list - the people at the bottom of the 3 columns rang me back to confirm the message had got through.

Current band just sends a band-wide text - seems to work! I reckon telepethy is worth a shot in the modern technological age! lol
  7. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

Did anyone hear anything just then? Maybe it was the wind rustling in the trees.
  8. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Nah it was just my phone going explaining why u missed rehearsal on monday... ;)
  9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Anything urgent is delt with by mobile phone at Emley, split between a couple of us who do a section or two each, doens't take long to get the message round. . .