How To Buy Dick Evans' New Book!?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Gavin, May 6, 2005.

1. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

The details on how to go about purchasing your copy of Richard Evans' book, "Dick the Stick", have now been made public on 4barsrest.

The page you'll be looking for is:

http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=775

Any queries, just post them here and i'll answer them as best I can!

(for those who don't fancy following the link, you can buy them at the Grand Shield from our Trade Stand tomorrow.)

Gavin
    JAGRINS Music Publications
    www.jagrins.com

2. Midland CD

Midland CD Supporting Member

3. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

and a fantastic read if I may say so

Loads of great stories in typical Dick Evans style

4. Midland CD

Midland CD Supporting Member

Book Signing at Walsall Library

My Husband & I were lucky enough to go to a book signing at Walsall Library by Richard.

He is certainly one of Banding's great chararcters! A great story-teller, with a wealth of
    interesting anecdotes. Well done Jen Beardsmore of Walsall Library for organising such
    an entertaining evening - not only a great talk by Richard but we were also treated to
    music by a Brass Ensemble from the Jackfield Band before the event.

5. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

I have to agree, a very interesting book from one of bandings great men.

I already have the Peter Roberts book, which is great. Has anybody read David Read's book? Is it any good?

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I found David Read's book very readable, and the passages about his time in the forces were interesting as, although he was there a little while before me, I recognised many of the places and situations.

7. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Though of course slightly biased (!), all 3 of the books are great reads, but I think that Richard's book comes across as the most intimately written, for me anyway. His writing style is very engaging. Peter Roberts' is also similar in style, with David's being more of a 'historical' book, but all 3 are great reads, and owning copies of each of them, I can highly recommend them!

8. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

9. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

Just to let everyone know;

Along with all their other great products, World of Brass will be the only traders at this weekend's British Open to be selling Richard Evans' Book 'Dick the Stick'.

Gavin
    JAGRINS Music Publications