How to act suprised?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Aug 24, 2006.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Right.... basically I want to know how to act suprised! I am absolutely shocking at acting, but I have a HUGE dilemma!

I was at my mate Lexi's house today and we were just sat looking at photos on her pc, when her mobile rang.... and it was my best mate Emma.... who moved to Yorkshire in January (I AM SO JEALOUS!!), Emma is flying down tomorrow to come and visit family for a couple of weeks... and asked Alex if she could get me into Barnstaple this Monday to meet her as a SUPRISE!! except I was there ... so I know and it won't be a suprise :( I am totally totally totally gutted and I know Emma would be if she knew, I knew!

What can i do? and how can act suprised?

Gutted Fi :(
    xxxxx

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

how about this? .... :sup

3. meandmycornet

yes but..... this is real life! I can't just show her a smiley! :tongue:

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: ... practice the look on your pals to see if they notice your hidden acting talent!

5. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

what pals????

*hides*

6. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

Just act normal then. :oops:

Honest I have never met meandmycornet!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Jump in the air, scream and clap your hands, then throw yourself to the floor in dramatic style, keep repeating "Oh my God!!!!, I can't believe it!!!!". Visually lambast your other mate for "tricking" you and not telling you your best mate was coming.

That ought to do it.

8. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Failing that, hire Cilla Black from www.rent-a-z-lister-celeb.co.uk and get her to officiate the proceedings. No, I am just being stupid now.

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I had to act surprised once at my 'surprise 17th birthday party' - needless to say, by friends aren't very discrete! I don't think I was very convincing! However when my mum had suspicions about the surprise anniversary party we were planning last year, she managed to be genuinely surprised because she got so drunk she had forgotten about them - only problem then was that all she wanted to do was sleep, but had to entertain a house full of guests!

Good luck, hope you're better than I was at acting and not as convincing as my mum!

10. meandmycornet

Hahahaha! Hmmmm I think I might get a few funny looks if I did that crawfy!

I'm really sad though.... because I never get suprises.... and now I'm getting one and I already know about it :(

Oh and Han ......:cry: I love you too! :tongue:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    house
    Emma
    Lexi
    rang
    dilemma
  12. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

That's bad! you should just be pleased to see her anyway and don't let on that you know. Maybe she's done something that really will surprise you! (please don't ask for examples!) :D

13. meandmycornet

Ooooh like what? had a baby? nah its only been *counts on fingers* nearly 9 months! :eek::eek: Oh god I hope not! She'd have told me anyway I'm sure :tongue: Ok I'm actually really scared that Em's had a baby now! :tongue:

14. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Calm down, I doubt it! Ooooh i'm really excited too- talking to one of my best friends about meeting up- haven't seen her in AGES!

15. meandmycornet

at least you won't have to pretend to be suprised! :tongue:

16. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Lol no... she would see right through anything I pretended anyway! Sometimes I think she knows me toooo well!

17. nook1938

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  18. nook1938

meanandmycornet.

On your practice nights, as the Conductor ever looked up and at you and as the players around you ever stared at you. You with the look of Surprise all over your face, have now for the very first time ------- --------[played the right notes]

I have altered the end to this post, because I think it is unfair and I do apologise.
    But you said that you are only 5ft 5in, well, can the conductor see you?

John

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  19. meandmycornet

I had my 'suprise' meeting today! I actually really was suprised aswell! Cus alex said... lets go and get lunch... and we ordered... and then I had a tap on my shoulder.... jumped out my skin.... saw Emma.... started blubbing... and then hugged her!

I didn't have the heart to tell her I sort of knew! But we had a fab afternoon and evening.... she's not changed.... she still managed to get me to buy most of the drinks... used loads of my credit and knicked my alice band!

20. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Well sounds like being surprised wasn't oo much of a problem! Glad it went well... she's obviously, ahem, still the same! (bad habits and all eh?!? ;))

21. meandmycornet

Yes, Yorkshire hasn't changed Emma one bit! Oh and in case you were wondering...she's not had a baby.... and she's definately not pregnant! She'll still a stick!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    house
    Emma
    Lexi
    rang
    dilemma