How old is your band?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stevetrom, Apr 1, 2005.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I have just done some quick maths and the average age of our band is 38 (I had to guess at a few ages)

This makes me (just) above avrage.

Am I official old?

Just out of interested how do we compare to other bands.

1st Section
    Avrage Age 38

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    avrage.Am
    average age
    st SectionAvrage Age
    official old
    bands
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

The National Capital Band is close - 37 is the average, so I'm almost 5 years over.

However, we are probably moving in a younger direction overall, as we have have had an average of three players per year move up from our youth band over the last three years.

4. lewis

lewis Member

Ours is about 25.

5. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

my band is really old! the average age is around about 44 :tongue:

I am third youngest at 19 and the youngest is 16! the next youngest person after me is about 30!

6. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Completey misunderstood the title of the thread for a minute - I was going to put that my band is 175 years old until I read the posts properly. Don't know what's up with me today!!

Anyway, the age range in our senior band is between 15 and about 60 (I think), but if you include the youth band the lower age goes down to 5 and the upper age rises to 70. I'm in the middle of the age range at 33 but the youngsters call me and old f*rt and the old f*rts call me a young whipper snapper. Can't win!

7. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

We're a 3rd section band and our average age is 16. We lose every player when they turn 17 and leave for uni, theres about 6 or 7 of us between 20-30 and the rest are of school age! Unfortunatly I fall into the 20-30 age bracket, just an old timer of the band now!! :rolleyes:

8. davidsait

davidsait Member

Ooh, the average has got to be about 19 for us.

9. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Good post this one Steve:
    Average age at Gresley Old Hall Band :=34
    1st Section Band
    The oldest is 56 the youngest is 15
    I wont say who is the oldest person though or else i will not be there mate if they find out:biggrin:
    I'm 40;) by the way:clap:

Ian Perks
    Gresley Old Hall Band

10. euphonium1214

euphonium1214 Member

I don't know if anyone will find this interesting, but I'll say it anyway...!
    50 % of our senior band is under 18s (www.fulbournband.co.uk). I have heard people from other bands say "the kids hold that band together" and "if there weren't the children, there'd be no band"... things like that. So I think that would bring the average age of our band down considerably! Our youngest player is 10 (really!) and the oldest is I think about 70-something. So, with a couple of exceptions, we're a young band, and by saying I'm 14, I'm probably about equal to- or at least not under- the average age. What do you think?

11. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Our age range is quite large also, the youngest is 14 and the oldest is 66.

In the SA corps band I conduct, I have two 12-year olds and a Bb bass player who is somewhere over 80!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    avrage.Am
    average age
    st SectionAvrage Age
    official old
    bands
  13. deave

deave Member

i thought you meant how old is the band ?

sellers are 20 years old next year!

our average age right now is 25....but we have some older chaps on bass and one in the cornet section :p

14. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

come on deave, you're not that old yet...

15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Tricky one this we have a good mix of maturity and youth.

erm...I'd say our average age would have to be in the lower to mid 30's...ish.

16. Hollso

Hollso Member

I think it'd be hard to get all the ages of our band members.

17. postie

postie Member

The average age in our band is around 40.

The eldest is nearly 75 and the youngest is 14. We have a very diverse age range in our band!

18. MartinT

MartinT Member

A bit of guesswork gives an average age for our band (1st Section) of just over 36. Quite a spread of ages...

19. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

there's quite a big spread of ages in our band (well, one of them) too, though i think the youngest is seventeen now. i don't really know what the average would be, probably mid-thirties. it's fun though because it doesn't feel like there's a big age gap or anything, we're all just people.

of course, in st helens youth the average age is about 15/16. :O I'm OLD!
    xx

20. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

I know what you mean I'm not one of the oldies or one of the youngies either. Pam were the middlies!!

I think the average age is something like 34 (rough Mean) so Pam you are just a little bit below average!!!!

21. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Cheers Lou, I needed to hear that.........:confused:

22. I think my band wins the prize for the oldest band... With a bit of guesswork me and yonhee have worked out the average age to be 48! With the oldest being 75 and the youngest 13.