How old is too old?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by trombelle, Dec 10, 2004.

1. trombelle

trombelle Member

a bit like Big Twigge's question this one...

when are you too old to hand up a stocking on christmas eve??

i maintain that you are NEVER too old, and i'll still be hanging mine up this year (i'm 18!) and my mum will be hanging up hers too. but some of my mates at college reckon they are too old for a stocking!! CRAZY FOOLS!!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    some
    FOOLS
    hers
    bit
    Big Twigge
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

No1s too old for that.... :rolleyes:

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

You're never ever too old for stockings or Easter egg hunts. Big sister is 24 and she still has them all, so as soon as she stops I've got another 3 years and El another 2 on top of that. Father Christmas always threatens that we're too old, but I know that that's her (or should I say his) favourite part too.

5. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

well i dont think you can ever be too old for a stocking! my parents told me im too old for an advent calander this year tho! not fair! they wouldnt buy me one and by the time i got round to it there was none left! no im adventcalanderless this year!

6. Naomi McFadyen

^ still needs to look to buying herself an advent calender.... (there's bound to be one somewhere! and you can eat 10days worth of chocs, in one day.... so still worth it) :lol:

;-)

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

When we visited Littlehavens, our local children's hospice on Sunday, we were reminded that in Holland they put out shoes to be filled with gifts. In the foyer was a huge shoe, such as a giant in pantomime would use, and we were all fighting over who would put it out ;)

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I totaly agree caz, your never to old for stockings.:p

9. Di

Di Active Member

Morrisons still have some if you can get to a Morrisons. ;)

10. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Yes, in Belgium we do that too. But we don't do it on Christmas eve, we do it on the eve before the sixth of december, which is Saint Nicolas Day or "Sinterklaas" in Dutch. So the American "Santaclaus" is actually a mixture of the British "Father Christmas" with the Dutch "Sinterklaas"... :)

More about Saint Nicholas traditions from all over the world can be found on the very interesting http://www.stnicholascenter.org/ website ;)

11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Never too old for a stocking. I'm 35 and I still have one. I intend to have one in the old people's home in 40 years time. :)
    BMB
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    some
    FOOLS
    hers
    bit
    Big Twigge
  13. rutty

rutty Active Member

Troof.

Er, all those still receiving telepathic images please disregard that last one... :eek:

14. twigglet

twigglet Member

*think we should all be getting slightly worried about craig's unrelenting cross-dressing tendencies!!

Not only do we all still have stockings, but we still make Dad make a treasure hunt for us to find our 'big' present

But, the point is it is fun and tradition, and Christmas would be rubbish without both those things! Age means nothing.. !

15. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I've tried and i cant find one anywhere! :-(

16. six pints

six pints Active Member

thats like asking when ur too old to have fun- of course the answer is never!!! stay as young as you want to be, have fun, have advent calenders, have cartoon duvets, have whatever makes you ruddy happy!!! nows lets all smile, cos its nearly xmas!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

17. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

Girls..... you're never too old for stockings ! ...... I am right in thinking that you mean the ones you need suzzies for..... aren't I ?!?!?! :D

Or have I got it wrong again ?!?!?!? :wink:

18. Naomi McFadyen

Shocking!
    Surely Cornwall isnt *that* worse off for things :p ;)
    Go across to Devon :lol:

19. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

Never too old.
    Says Animal!!!!!!

20. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Never too old. I'm 48 and will still have one, and a stocking, this Christmas Day.

21. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I'm 25 and I have a chocolate calendar. I'm so sad I carried it 94 miles in a suitcase so I could keep it up-to-date.

22. Naomi McFadyen

:lol: ^thats impressive