how much?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by super_sop, Mar 23, 2009.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hi guys and gals. hope you can help me here.

does anybody know what how much a 2nd hand courtois sop would be worth?

Been thinking of sellin mine, as i can't see me using it.

Is it better to take it to a shop, or try and sell it individually?

any help would be gratefully received.

Craigy

2. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

Why not stick it on Ebay?

3. Swampy

Swampy New Member

It depends on which model it is. The new version or the old. As you can pick a new one up for under £1000, you are probably looking at a maximum of £500-£600 depending on condition.

4. If you register on ebay, you can quickly setup an email notification if a 'courtois soprano cornet' comes on, so you wouldn't have to keep checking if you want to see how much they sell for.

5. brownrob

brownrob Member

Isnt glyn williams selling them on his new site for £799?

How do they compare to the Xeno?

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

Courtois Sop

Glyn advertises them but doesnt have them. I tried ordering one through him and he never got back to me.

I was playing a Xeno up until October last year, nice instrument, now play the new Courtois and think it is fantastic. Wouldnt change.

Having said that before playing the Xeno I had played the old courtois for 12 years. Still have but the new ones sound and range are on a par with the Schilke (ordinary bell).

7. cornetblower

cornetblower Member

You could take to a shop to get a price - you don't have to sell it to them.

8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Band Supplies
    Leeds

9. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

which is as close to the OP's home as you get to Anfield.

10. super_sop

:clap::clap:

hehe nice one Andy!!!!

Thanks for the tips guys. Gives me something to go on (as does a toilet!!!!:biggrin:)
    May try it on Ebay first.
    not to many shops in our loaclty to just pop into without traveling for miles, and i don't really fancy that to much.
    As for the comparison with the Xeno, i havent tryed one, but i have compared it to a Schilke, and i much prefer the Courtois. Horses for courses though isn't it
    Theres also a bonus with this sop. I"ve played all the wrong notes there are in it!!!!:biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    it.Is
    Craigy
    hand courtois sop
    thinking of sellin
    guys
  12. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

How much

Hello you, hang in there before you sell, may have someone interested, have been doing your sales pitch, and told him no wrong notes left in, so should be a good buy, Good luck with the Bb cornet, cheers mate

13. super_sop

cheers dave mate
    Bb not really my thing, but good to be playing again!:tup

14. spyder

spyder New Member

How Much!!!

Are you putting the sop on Ebay!!! 'as i may well be interested. Had a Schilke years ago(which fell apart on the Whit friday) then played a Yam for many a year - a damn fine workhorse. May not be everyone's cup of tea but horses for courses I say.

Anyway, never tried a a Courtois (did I spell that right), but could be tempted.

15. super_sop

Pm sent matey:tup

16. DangerousDave

DangerousDave New Member

Ahh would this be me? Not sure I could keep the record of no wrong notes! Would love a Courtois - got a Bb that i don't use any more and love it's sound... compared the Xeno, Courtois and Sovereign when I bought it and suited me much more than the others... Damn wish I had the cash! Wanna swap? :clap:;) 4br review seems to rate it against the shilke too.