How much would you pay to shut Shaggy up for 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by tubafran, Aug 30, 2007.

1. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

KSB are holding a Summer Charity Dinner Dance and we have a number of items to auction on the evening collected from various local shops and restaurants.

However one item that we have received from Drum Shop of Chesterfield is a 14" Meinl Classic Medium Clash cymbal - this retails for £48 and we would be pleased to receive any sensible offer on this item.

For 2007 we have chosen the Ashgate Hospice in Chesterfield as our charity of the year and we are donating half the income from our village concerts and all the money raised at the Dinner Dance.

We have a number of other donated auction items that I'd be happy to accept a bid on as follows:

Bottle of House of Commons Whisky signed by GORDON BROWN
    Book A Taste of The Country signed by Jimmy Doherty

Pm me if you are interested in any of the above three items. Bids on the whisky and book will be closed before the event tomorrow evening but I'll leave the cymbal open for sometime.
  2. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Surely the cymbal will need to be choked at some point.
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Maybe it's better to choke the percussionist instead, eh Shaggy?

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Current bid for the whisky is £5.00 - any more bids ladies and gentleman?

I was thinking of asking Shaggy to offer a two week rest period from posting on tMP - any offers? If he can't stay off for two weeks then I'll get him to double any offer made.
  5. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Is this thread getting too contraversial? trust a mod to spoil the tone, and it was such nice happy little thread!
  6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

It'll make a lot more happy if you agree to my offer ;) . Then the mods could even change the title to "What would you pay to keep Shaggy off tMP for 2 weeks?"
  7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I'm just off down the bank to clear my account out...

8. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

What? No controversial points of view? No irony? No sarcasm? No mention of Floral Dance or that fishing rod with hook and bait casting out in the water of Tmp? For 2 whole weeks? I bet the hits on the site go down by half!
  9. David Mann

David Mann Member

Shaggy provides the grain of sand on which grow TMP's pearls of debate.
  10. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Thank you Mr Mann what a perceptive, cultured, erudite gentleman you are!
  11. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Aww, a lot of Shaggy's opening posts are pretty good!

Just a shame they usually descend into a verbal punch-up as soon as someone contradicts him! ;)

Don't let Belfast Barman buy the whisky. I know him, and he's enough trouble when he's only on beer. (Hi Stevo!! ;) )
  12. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I'm just slightly confused why a band such as Killamarsh, which if I remember correctly, was not too long ago was awarded, en masse honourary membership of the Blair clan, should be auctioning Brown whisky. What is this change of allegiance?!!

On a different note, I would pay a great deal of money to see Shaggy allowed to run riot unmoderated for 2 weeks. Now that would be worth seeing!
  13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Only two weeks? I'd pay a small fortune to have him silenced for ever.
  14. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

That's got to be worth more than silencing the old master blaster!
  15. eanto

eanto Member

Silence Shaggy? Strange concept cos i aint got a clue wot he's on about:confused:
  16. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Rather a confusing post from Rapier, given his claimed contempt for the cautious and respect for the brave.
  17. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

I await Monday's copy of the Financial Times with news of a run on the pound and a catastrophic credit squeeze, as a result of Wooden Fugels currency dealings of epic proportions over the weekend.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  18. Di

Di Active Member

Does this once in a lifetime offer include PMs too? ;)

Does this have to be a "one person" bid or should we start passing the hat around? :cool::tongue:

I think this Shaggy bloke is the voice of reason,don t know him but he says what he thinks,like myself.There are too many of the P.C brigade on this website.
  20. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Oh well I did my best for you Fran, to help with your charity donations but even THAT has been wrongly interpreted.

For the record; I was attempting to assist Frans charity drive, for a very good cause by means of a self deprecating ironic thread. It was not a shameless attempt at self agrandisement as has been suggested.

Blimey, why do i bother!!!