How much to charge for...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brownrob, Nov 20, 2008.

1. brownrob

brownrob Member

Those with dirty minds should stop right now!!! :biggrin:

A guy I know wants to hire out my Prestige Bb Cornet until April/May with the option to buy at the end of the period... Im looking £800 for it to buy but how much to charge on hire until then.
    I think it would be fair to deduct the hire cost off the instrument at the end if he wanted to buy, but I dont want to rip the guy off an unreasonable hire charge... Obviously Im worried about damage that may occur while the instrument is away but I dont want to charge very much, so what would be a very keen figure?

Thanks in advance! :clap:
  2. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I hired my euphonium to the Royal Opera House a couple of years back and charge £50 per day. That's about the going rate for percussion hire, depending on the instrument involved.
  3. boagy

boagy Member

I have recently looked in to doing something similar for a String Bass and the general feedback I got was a charge of 5% of the purchase price of the instrument per month. You could ask for a deposit as security if you are concerned about damage but you could also agree that the person who is 'loaning' the instrument is responsible for any damage caused while they have it. (take pictures) Hope this helps. :-?