How much do you reckon for a Willson 2900TA Euphonium?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Robbie Henderson, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Robbie Henderson

Robbie Henderson New Member

I am in need of some advice, over the past year I have been searching and searching for a decent Besson Prestige 2052/2051 Euphonium. I have recentley decided that I would like to purchase one in the future. For me to purchase a Besson Prestige Euphonium I would need to sell my brilliant Willson 2900TA Euphonium: I was hoping that someone may be able to tell me how much I might be able to get for my Willson 2900?

It is in great condition, it has two dents, one on the bottom of the big tubing near the bell (I don't know what it's called!) And the other dent just off the third valve, on one of the other pipes. The bell is also very slightly creased, none of these dents have effected the sound in anyway. It would include a mouthpiece, a soft case and the orginal hard case.

I am not putting up this Euphonium for sale yet, but I need to know what sort of asking price I could place, for this magnificent instrument.

Thank you for any advice.
    Kind Regards.
    Robbie Henderson.:)
  2. tkhbss

tkhbss Member

I don't think an instrument in great condition would have two dents and a crease. I would recommend you sort these first and then put it on the market - in great condition - at around £1700 and be prepared to negotiate down
  3. bariwizard

bariwizard Member

If it's as "brilliant" and "magnificent" as you say then stick with it. I think they are popular in other countries, but pretty much only used by gimpy wind band types.
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure Charley Brighton will be thrilled with such a description ;)
  5. Highams

Highams Member

makes it all worthwhile, thanks Peter
  6. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I'll second that. an instrument without any dents would command a much better price.I had a crease in the Bell of my sousaphone, I got it fixed straight away. I couldn't even play it with a dent like that in it. If I bought an instrument with a crease and dents I'd need to knock off the repair cost from the selling price and get it in to be fixed before I'd consider playing it.