How many tMPers does it take...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Anno Draconis, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 to hijack the thread and ask how to change a plug

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

2. julestools

julestools Active Member

By which time the bulb has gone again and it all starts over! :confused:

Told you not to get one from Aldi

3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very funny and more scaringly, very true, but that's what's great about this forum.
  4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

ooOOOoo dont get your lamps from Aldi, the element isnt strong enough so they dont last long!!!
    i should know i was once a lite engineer.

unfortunaltly ive put on weight since!!!!!

5. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

I think you've missed:

5 to say that they/their mate/person x from band y could have done it better, with more panache, in tune, etc ad infinitum...

Apart from that - frighteningly accurate! :eek:
  6. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Plus 1 mod to make the thread a sticky!

7. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Lol and deservedly so! Good post, made me laugh!
  8. Lisa

Lisa Member

Perhaps such as this one?

Although, I don't know if it would be quite appropriate as it focuses mainly on antique light bulbs...what do you think?
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

10. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Well you don't expect me to actually search the forum before I post, do you?
    Oh all right, maybe I'll check next time:oops:
  11. julestools

julestools Active Member

Trust that old Badger to get in there first. And all on a diet of worms and slugs too. I wish her family would stop digging up my lawn. :tongue:

Jules. (will get a thrashing for that)
  12. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

13. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

And yet another to merge them...?
  14. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Yes BUT, what about all the new tmp's that didn't get to see the 1st thread? Now it's confusing :-?

AH, but then I am easily confused!
  15. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

How about......

1 to complain that "Lightbulb" doesn't follow on alphabetically from "Juicer"
    and restart the "A-Z domestic electrical appliances association thread" with "Kettle" ;)
  16. Steve

Steve Active Member

While agreeing with most the points in the original post, I feel I must raise exception to some of the comments made.

The number of people you use to to change the light bulb is up to you and no one way is right or wrong. Wether the man in the box believes it is right or wrong is neither here nor there as long as you believe you changed it to the best of your ability. That is the lottery of light bulb changing and like it or loathe it, we all know its a lottery when we commit to changing the lamp in the first place.

Incidentally, i KNOW that we changed the light bulb the best because everyone told me that when they were drunk in the bar afterwards, unfortunately the old boy in the box didnt agree so we have only hearsay to show for it and no shinny trophy :(
  17. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

you also missed :

1 to start a poll on the all time greatest lightbulb changes

Dave Payne to start a lightbulb anagram thread :biggrin:

everyone to start arguing that the last lightbulb change was a fix and the adjudicator was blind/deaf/too old etc..
  18. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

1 to start a thread asking all light bulb changers to give advice about how a prospective new light bulb changer should go about it
    5000 to argue about who's qualified to answer the question following one light bulb changer passing a sarky remark
  19. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Ho Ho :clap: :D
  20. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

1 to ask "Which tMPer would you trust to...."