How Many times did it take to pass your test??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by kate_the_horn, Sep 6, 2004.

How many times did it take u to pass?

1. 1st time, baby!!

2. 2nd (oops)

3. 3rd, (hey i got there)

4. 4+ (never mind)

1. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

unfortunately i have just failed my driving test, and wondered who else has sufferedthe same fate first time around.

i failed because i didnt seethe green light, anddidnt go for a while.

2. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Better luck next time!
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I passed first time by exactly 0.5 inches... I got 13 minor faults as well... I went forward half way through reversing around a corner... for the last thing I had to reverse park into a bay, and the guy told me I had failed for not being within the lines... then he got out and said "Oh, sorry, no you passed!"
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I passed first time, but took my test in Whitchurch which is supposed to be one of the easiest places in the country to pass, although there are some roundabouts now!
    Good Luck next time, I'm sure you'll succeed!
  5. Rueben

Rueben New Member

Zero! Cause I haven't taken it yet! :p
  6. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

well ive got my test next monday, so ill tell you then!
  7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Here I am, 41 years of age and never even had a driving lesson! Having said that, with the benefit of hindsight and seeing how many outright nutters there are on the roads of London, I'm glad. Still, when I move to Arran, I shall be learning!
  8. jonford

jonford Member

I passed first time with 3 minors :) Took me a long time to learn though but I was definatly ready for my test.
  9. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

3rd time lucky for me
    1st time i took it i just couldn't drive
    2nd time just didn't use my mirrors
    3rd time, only like one minor
  10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

1st time for me... better luck next time :)
  11. baggie

baggie New Member

i passed 1st time but just before it started i got a flat tyre at 1.50pm, changed wheel and got to test centre by 1.59pm. and test start at 2.00pm.

good luck next time.

eb bass
    clifton and lightcliffe
  12. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

National pass rate is something like 40-42% for a practical test. So most people take 2-3 times to pass. I failed my driving test 4 times!! :shock: twice aged 17 and then 3 times to pass when I relearnt a few years later. My advice is if you fail just book it again straight away. I left mine a long time (even a year between tests when I learnt the 2nd time) because I got myself into a real psychological state about even applying for the test. A 1-off stand alone test isn't really an ideal way of testing whether someone can drive. You can fail the test when you are really ok or just be lucky and pass. I remember plenty of my friends at School passing first time (or so they said ;)) and there is no way I would of got in the car with them! There is also the story of my little brother who passed his test first time, aged 17. Bought a car and then wrapped it around a lamp-post within a week!

Now who's for a lift to Pontins :biggrin: hehe
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

1st time, natch. Cos in spite of Julian's chauvinistic maunderings, I am a ****** good driver. I needed to be because while I was passing my test my Dad had such faith in me he was out getting his left-hand-drive Citroen insured for me...

I thought I'd failed within the first 10 minutes, so after that I just relaxed and got on with it, which helped quite a lot :)

Bad luck with the fail, :( I'll be able to help you soon!
    Cya Tuesday
  14. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

I think it's a car thing with me, I seem to be much better (or luckier) with other vehicles.

Had two goes at my driving test and my advanced test but passed my motorbike test and my HGV test first time. Real challenge comes in a month or two when I finally get round to taking the final test to qualify as a driving instructor.
  15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Sooooo. The 2 girls in our family passed their tests first time and the 2 boys in our family didn't?!
    Whooo-hoooo! Swing out, sisters!
    BTW did you get my email, bro?
    Cya Saturday anyway
  16. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

I passed mine 1st time :D 5 months ago on wednesday! woooo

But it really is pot luck.. i had a friend who failed one because a kid ran out behind her. I got an easy test really because the town was so busy... he kept out of the roundabout/traffic light/box junction areas otherwise we'd be sat in traffic!!
  17. Power Tooba

Power Tooba Member

I passed first time with two minor faults a month after my 17th birthday :) They had put up some roadworks that morning with temporary lights which the examiner didn't know about. Wasted a good 10 minutes of my test sat there!

Better luck next time!
  18. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Bad luck on failing - keep trying you'll get there eventually!!

Ashamed to say it took me three attempts. After the second fail I'd resisgned myself to a life of bus travel and didn't drive for about 4 months but then my dad gave me a kick up the *beep* and made me drive again so I applied and passed.

Incidentally I passed my test with a smashed up right hand complete with sausage sized bandages on three of my fingers after an accident. Luckily I'm left handed so I could still sign my name properly. It helped in a strange way because it got me and the examiner talking and made me feel more relaxed.

TIMBONE Active Member

Well, I failed 1st time, and being a peripatetic brass teacher wasn't easy, (no, I didn't say verypathetic!). So I drove around merrily from school to school without a license, (the risks you take when you are young and irresponsible), MIND YOU, I passed it easy a month later!!! NO OFFICER, I HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF TIMBONE.

I believe that girls had a high success rate in the late 60's early 70's, mind you, did you see the skirts they were not wearing!
  20. Di

Di Active Member

2nd time for me. My test started at 3 in the afternoon, just around school kicking out time. Some snotty little kid (i mean sweet little child) decided to leap of the path and run straight in front of me. I executed a perfect "emergency stop", but got failed for not anticipating it happening. :ranting2:

Better luck next time. :p