How many of your band are members of tmp?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Beesa, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Beesa

Beesa Member

Sometimes I feel as though I am the only one, although I know quite a few do browse here every so often.

I know when our MD has been reading tmp because he keeps coming up with a suggestion or some fact or something in the middle of band, as if it was his very own thought.

But I know he has just been reading tmp! I don't let on because he would stop doing this and I derive some amusement from it.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    middle of band
    members of tmp
    fact
    suggestion
    MD
  3. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Not having a band at the moment (and therefore no conductor to get angry with me) I'll field this one.

Have you considered that the entire pupose of this website is for people to share ideas? I've lost count of the amount of help and advice I've received on here.

Some of it I've taken on board, some of it I haven't. Some of it I've tried and then rejected.

Is it possible that your MD has merely read something on here that he hadn't thought of himself and thought "That's a good idea, I'll try it."

Banding's been around a long time and there are precious few genuinely new ideas around. But there are plenty that we all might not have heard yet. Every MD adopts things they've seen or heard work for others. I'm very much in the infancy of my conducting, but I'm constantly reminding myself of things that John Roberts and Mike Fowles (the two best MDs I've ever worked under) used to do to get their point across.

TMp is just another way of discovering similar things, and the derision you seem to attach to this is not necessarily deserved.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

whilst at Burbage it was me and our conductor. Most of our younger players porbably haven't heard of tmp and not really well into the brass band scene.

5. euphojim

euphojim Member

Only me as far as I know - if there is anyone else now would be a good time for them to own up :)

6. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

To the best of my knowledge, just two; Moomindave and me.

7. still learnin

still learnin Member

To the best of my knowledge me and four others in the band.

8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

There's also Neil and Alex. If there's anyone else lurking, then they've kept very quiet about it...

9. joker66

joker66 Member

10. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Me and Red Elvis obviously..... and I think there are two others, but they are not regular posters.

11. worzel

worzel Member

simon_horn and lynchie are the only two I know of.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    middle of band
    members of tmp
    fact
    suggestion
    MD
  13. Beesa

Beesa Member

Oops, I seem to have not explained something properly. I am a committed fan of tmp and always will be.

All I am deriding maybe, is the way our MD muses about something which he has obviously just learnt about on tmp. Which just goes to show what a useful resource tmp is!

14. bbg

bbg Member

Just the two of us "regulars" - Kofi being the other; our sop player was an occasional poster some time ago but not for a while - still trying to work t'internet on your iPhone, Robbie?

15. David Mann

David Mann Member

Me, boneym and one lapsed as far as I know..

16. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Erm, me, 2nd man down, sugar and spice, temporary noble, sop till u drop, mrchairman, silver surfer, terrible timp, Flugel fancy, Euph of today. Think that's them all but . . . Andy's on can't remember his user name. . .

I've used ideas and suggestions from tMP in the past, tMP is a great resource when you need advice or suggestions!

17. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

OO there's a few from my band, don't know exactly how much time they spend here but I reckon there's at least 6 maybe 7 current members with tmp accounts.

18. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

manx_yessir :D

At Shepherds, we've got me, Basses are best and Toxophile. (Which covers both Eb basses and one of the BBb's! :D) plus tubamaest (MD), and shepherd.

At the University of York Brass Band, there's me and wrightsonm.

Darryl

19. bbbluey

bbbluey Member

Quite a lot of my band are members of tmp. It's a great forum and good way to share ideas and gossip and tips!