How many of you are teachers?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by imthemaddude, Sep 11, 2004.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I was having a conversation today about starting my PGCE and it was brought to my attention that loads of bandsmen are teachers. I already know some people on here are teachers and I wondered how many of us there actually are? or how many you have in your band.
  2. impycornet

impycornet Member

Not me ...

But I think there are 7 in Hepworth Band !
  3. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I am studying, and one of my seniors wants to be a teacher. But my old band, we were all teachers, or education students.
  4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I am the only official teacher in my band - everyone else has a sensible job.
  5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I am a teacher (well at the moment :rolleyes:) our old MD was a primary school dep head and there are 2/3 that used to teach but have moved profession in Flixton.
  6. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

There are a few teachers in our band - I think 5 are brass teachers and 3 are training to be...
  7. stopher

stopher Member

STill in shock after the summer holidays ending and having to put up with the young thugs and slappers, sorry students in my school.

There are a few teachers and lecturers in the band I conduct and the band I play for are virtually all teachers
  8. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

In my Band... there's one retired school teacher who now teaches brass and one secondary teacher (I think he's still teaching). But that's quite a high percentage because there only about 10 or 11 adults in the band!
  9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Ask for me in three years and you will (hopefully!) find me to be a primary school teacher! hurray!
  10. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - and there are 5 of us in our band - bit difficult when we leave for contests on Friday afternoons for the 2 primary school teachers!!!
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

Our conductor's a head master! :)
  12. groovy

groovy Active Member

2 primary teachers and 1 brass teacher. Oh, and 1 ex-headmaster.
  13. Colin

Colin Member

I'm a secondary music teacher. We also have 2 primary teachers and the conductors a brass peri.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Currently we've got two teachers, one retired university lecturer and one music peri. Also another teacher who's not currently playing in the band.
  15. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

2 secondary teachers (including me) and 1 supply teacher.
  16. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I teach (physics).

My previous band had 19 music teachers :shock:

Not sure about my current band.
  17. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

not yet, but i wanna eventually. jus lemme pass my A levels and i'll be laughin! :rolleyes:
  18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

If I'm ever allowed to teach children I want you all to write to your mps and complain angrily about the state of the education system... or in other words... no