How many consecutive Whit Friday's have you competed in?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by classicbrass, Apr 25, 2012.

1. classicbrass

classicbrass Member

Our MD, John Collins, has noted that this will be the 31st consecutive Whit Friday that he has completed either as a player or conductor. He can list the bands he's competed with so I've no reason to doubt him.

Now while this seems to be a fair number I'm willing to bet that there will be band members out there who will be able to beat this.

So go on, who's got the most, and remember it's got to be consecutive.
  2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I have the least, in my over 10 years of playing, never played, never been!!
  3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I'll start off with a puny eight (1963 ~ 1971)
    I've done quite a few odd ones since, but not consecutive.

~ Mr Wilx
  4. euph77

euph77 Member

I think I can beat you with 25 years plus playing and never been.. :(
    Still looking for an opportunity, but I don't play BBb bass ;)
  5. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

6. bassbone

bassbone Member

38 years. Never been. Would love to do 1 before I finish!
  7. Gazabone

Gazabone Member

Nil and still not counting!!!!:cool:
  8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

And bass trombone is the box seat... The one night of the year when it is not possible to play too crudely for an adjudicator's tastes...
  9. Beesa

Beesa Member

I'd played in bands for over 30 years when I went to my first Whit Friday. I try and go every year now.

Every brass band player or supporter or interested person should go at least once. Your brass banding life can never be complete without the Whit Friday experience, preferably playing but just spectating, to me, is as good.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. Dave Eb

Dave Eb New Member

This year will be my 18th but not consecutive as i missed one but still went for the important part that year (the drinking)

35 years ( then had to miss last years ) all done playing either EEb or BBb bass...getting a bit fed up with it now !
  12. Euphjam

Euphjam Member

This year will be my 5th out of 7 years with Tartan Brass.Looking forward to it already.