How many christmas gigs are you doing this year??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by StellaJohnson, Dec 5, 2008.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I've just been on our band website, and we have 9 christmas gigs in December. This doesn't include any carolling around the town centre of Buxton and Burbage village.

So who is doing more, and who is just damm right lazy!!:D

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    gigs
    more
    town centre
    village
    :D
  3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

We have

5 Golf Club, Group jobs.
    1 Golf Club Full Band.
    3 Sing-a-long Group job (1 inside 2 outside)
    1 church service (full band)
    1 Village Christmas Concert.

That's us - Only two outside, no busking, and mostly group jobs so our team spreads itself out and doesn't do every gig!!

4. mattc

mattc New Member

25 including carolling jobs

5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I think we've only three or four with my own band, but I'm doing about another 3 for other bands.

The most I ever did between 1st and 24th of December was 28 jobs with YBS Junior band. Counting three christmas gigs on the last weekend in november, we did 31 in total.

It nearly killed us, but we raised enough money to buy two second hand basses and a euphonium that year.

6. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I'm doing Thirteen balls and twenty concerts

7. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Two concerts and a church service for us before Christmas. Although we will also be found providing festive cheer at the Exeter Chiefs v Cornish Pirates game on the 27th.

8. leisa

leisa Active Member

we have a group out every night, including xmas day...i am doing 2 today

9. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

5 in total for us

2 x major indoor concerts
    3 x outside events

Thats plenty thanks

10. mdfreeman

mdfreeman Member

In total at the moment 22 jobs from 1st december to 22 :eek:

11. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

FAMILY FRIENDLY Forum!!!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    gigs
    more
    town centre
    village
    :D
  13. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

none!!! awesome :D

although a bit of quintetting to raise some money to get us to ostende..

14. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

and a partridge in a pear tree

15. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

You must be very discrete Mr B. I hadn't noticed you at all...

16. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

For the first year since 1958 I am glad to say I am doing NONE !!!
    What a weight off my shoulders.
    No more travelling through fog snow and ice on dark, chilly nights, to shiver in various church halls.
    But I must admit I will miss Mr B's amazing rendition of "Frostie"
    This annual exhibition of tubist technical dexterity has been known to draw gasps of awe and admiration from many a church gargoyle !

- Wilkie
    Ho! Ho! Ho!

17. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Ho ho ho indeed (swine). Thank the lord "frosty" has been well and truly put to bed!

The gargoyles can sleep easy once more :)

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Had a good day Saturday: carolling in Sloane Square with a party from Hadleigh, as we do each year. Having started at 11, we were informed that another band was covering our lunch break, from 12.30. When they turned up, I found out it was the newly-reformed band from Balham, the Corps where I first came to The Salvation Army. As it happened, there were only a few of them and they didn't have a bass player, so I had a brief break and joined them from 1pm. Eventually finished at 4.15: weather excellent, lots of people around and very rewarding ;)

19. bbg

bbg Member

Not too bad this year - only 12 "official" jobs in total, one of which is being underatken by the youth band in their own right this year as last year I recall that the turnout for that particular job was 90% youth band anyway. Of the others , two indoor, the rest outside including five full Saturdays or Sundays playing either in town or at a Tesco store from 11 - 4 or thereabouts.
    We finish with an "unofficial" vist to our church on Christmas Eve - my son and I invited a "few" of the band along about 6 or 7 years ago, and were surprised and delighted to get around 18 - 20 then and each year since.

20. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

KSB - 4 formal concerts, 2 Christmas lights turn ons, 1 Park concert and 1 Victorian Market and 1 pub caroling

BBSBB - 4 concerts, 1 carolling indoors, and 1 Tescos

Fortunately non of these events clashed so will be doing them all plus a couple of all day caroling in M&S with Old Silkstone.

21. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

We have 25 jobs on this year carolling list, some as full Band and on some nights spitting the Band in two to cover more areas. and also include visits to about 5 retirement homes.

22. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

I love doing Christmas gigs, they're generally well attended, and there are usually kiddies involved. I really enjoy them.

The only thing that spoils the whole thing is having to wash my uniform over and over again lol!