How long have you been with with the same band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stevetrom, Sep 3, 2004.

?

How long have you been with your current band

1. < 1 year

79 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. 1 - 2 years

64 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. 3 - 5 years

79 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. 6 - 10 years

59 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. 11 - 15 years

29 vote(s)
    7.6%
  6. 16 - 20 years

27 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. 20 + years

45 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Only been with Chichester band for about 1 year. before that I was sunning myself in Gibraltar for a few years!:)

2. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Was at hebden bridge for three months then moved back to liverpool, before that was at emley just as sporadically because of uni, before that was at huddersfield brass for three years (i remember cause i did three areas then went to uni), Then before that its all a blur

3. Jezzabell

Jezzabell Member

Iv been with St Dennis for 8 yrs n now now leaving because im off 2 uni :-( guna miss ya all guys!

4. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I've been with St Agnes for about 10 years now :D. Unfortunately I'm going to have to leave in a couple of years time, when (and if) I go off to uni :cry:...I'm sure I'll be back for the Christmas and Summer engagements though :D!

Our current conductor started off on the back row during the mid-late 1960s, moving up through the ranks to become condutor in 1990 - now that's commitment!! :shock:

5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Current band about 4 years in january, previous band about 18 years.

6. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Have been with my SA Band (Edinburgh Gorgie) for 19 years next month, and have played with my contesting band (Unison Kinneil) for about 15 months.

Love them both.

Paul Drury

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  7. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Cardiff Canton Band for 32 years next February. Before that Cardiff Canton YP (Young Peoples) band for 8 years.........I was an early starter!

8. cherrybassett

cherrybassett Member

How long

I have only ever played for 3 bands:

Kirkby Colliery Welfare for 5 years
    Shirebrook Miners Welfare for 14 years
    and my present band Blidworth Welfare 6 years

but I have been playing a total of 32 years altogether

9. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Played in my first contest with Kinneil at the 1964 Areas.

Been with them ever since which makes it 41 years.

Our Euphonium player Ian Campbell has been with the band for 43 years. Suppose it goes without saying that we're the two oldest in the band.

Jim Buchanan
    Kinneil Band

10. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Been with GRESLEY BAND for 5 years
    Have played with :
    Desford 'B' 8 months
    Amington :1 year
    Shirley 3 years
    Newhall 9 years
    Telford 1&Half
    Walsall Metropolitan(STAFORDSHIRE NOW) 5 Years(Won National Final 1977 3rd Section aged 12 FIRST EVER NATIONAL FINAL PLAYED AT AND FIRST CONTEST WITH SENIOR BAND)
    Shire Oak School Band(Played in the first ever contest the school band entered came LAST)
    Walsall Met Juniors since starting in 1973 november.(won countless contests at junior level WEST MIDLANDS ENSEMBLE CHAMPIONS 2 Times 1977&1978 playing :Little Suite For Brass(77)& SUITE GOTHIQUE(78) WINNING BY 15 POINTS:-D

11. distraction

distraction New Member

Shirebrook

Ive currently been with Shirebrrok Band for 9 Years, infact thats where i learnt to play.

12. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I've played with Dunfermline Town for 3-and-a-bit years. Played with Dalmellington for 18 months before, but university forced a move.

13. ray_ed

ray_ed Member

i've been playing with dearham for over 30 yrs counting the junior band.:clap:

14. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I'll have been with Flixton a year just after the Area I think :)

15. Ali

Ali Member

Ive been with Dobcross ever since Todmorden folded in December 2001 and I was with Tod for almost 6 years. I would still be there now if the band had survived. I have been with the same MD (Dennis Hadfield) for almost 10 years though!

16. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

Been with Newtongrange for nearly 3 and a half years and lovin' it.

17. Smid

Smid Member

Playing Years

Coming up to 22 years and 20 of them on the committee.

18. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

erm since i started playing well i started playing there so yeh anyway thats erm 3 years i think...bit less actually

19. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

wasnt sure which band to answer with... it's either nearly a year or eight years so there's a bit of a difference! shybb has shaped me really... but greenalls is the band i will prolly be staying with when i get too old, if i'm around here and not in wales or york or somewhere. blackpool was my first contest with them.
    i was in rainford for quite a long time, on baritone... not sure how long actually, but never really felt part of it...

xx

20. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

3 years with Beaumaris Band

before that, with Harlech for 10 years!