How has tMP changed your life?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by timbloke, Nov 13, 2003.

1. timbloke

timbloke Member

Don't know if this has been asked before.. but how has tMP changed your life... not so much the big things, like changing bands, meeting new people, playing in tMP Brass, learning more about bands... but the little things...

For example...

I no longer do the Metro crossword in my lunch break, i'm to busy reading what's going on on here :)
  2. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

I used to have a life. Now I have tMP..

Hang on.. I usen't have a life.. Now I have tMP filling the place of the life I usen't have..

no, that's not right either..

I may or may not have had a life at one stage, but tMP has made me forget whether I had or not!

3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Oh tMP hasn't changed my life much...

I no longer do as much uni work as i should...
    I've met loads of new people...
    I've never spent so much time at a damn computer...
    I've learnt the odd thing or too...

I have no life!!! :lol: :lol:
    But who needs a life when you have tMP?? :D :D

Here's to plenty more tMP birthday's... :wink: :wink:
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Have met lots of new people, shared wham bars with some of them and embarassed myself in front of a fair few of them!
    Now seem to spend any free time (of which I have quite a lot) on the internet instead of watching rubbish tv.
    Have shared many conversations with people I've never met about things that are quite strange.

and have a new item of clothing in my wardrobe!
  5. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Well, I no longer get as much done at work as I used (shhh, don't tell)

I've learned lots of nifty stuff about language and odd facts and

am slowly learning about the people, bands, literature, contests, culture and tradition that is British Brass Banding.

and lastly I've learned that there are more similarities between bandspeople across cultures than there are differences, which can be a really scary thought.
  6. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I can safely insult my MD without most of the band knowing what I'm on about...

Met lots of new people

Survived Ravenswood despite the split notes (but had to drive SM home...)

Do precious little studying now

But have much more fun!

Rach x
  7. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

After 2 years in the wilderness tMP got me playing again :D
  8. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I'm always on the computer and the internet now! I hardly ever watch TV or anything like that anymore, and I'm always shattered in the morning and can't get up 'coz I've been on here until 12:30!!!! But I don't mind, it's a wicked site!!!!!!
  9. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

It's enabled me to get in contact with more people who enjoy and share the same enthusiasm for the things that I do- BANDING! :D
  10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

hmmm.... can't wait to see the reply to this thread from merrylittlehornplayer... :!: :wink:
  11. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Well I now don't do any work at college. I hardly ever used to use the computer except to check my e-mails, and now I'm on it pretty much every day.
    But i have met lots of new people, some which have become very good friends and it has helped with my playing too.
    Thanks John :D
  12. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol! :lol:
  13. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

How as tMP changed your life?

I spend more time on here rather than general suring or watching TV.
    I'm waitng for my first meet of tMPer's at the Children in Need Event, so you lot had better be kind to me!!!!!!!!
    I've found lots of useful advice

Thanks to everyone for creating a fantastic site :D :D
  14. my phone-bill seems to have increased (slightly :) )
  15. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol! :D
  16. monkey

monkey New Member

tMP has made life better for me

I will agree with all of you.
    I used to sit and watch interesting TV programmes and sometimes even go out but now I spend most of my time catching up with the thoughts of the rest of tMPers. :D
    You do give some of the most enlightening comments and many of my fellow banders mull these over in the pub after rehearsal. There are some great characters on the site and the photos - well, what more can I say!
    Wouldn't it be great if we could all meet up and chat?
    I know how much more complete my life is having friends out there.
  17. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I got off my bottom and set about joining a band again after 10 years!
    Sadly though, only 1 other member of my new band is a tMP'er and he doesn't go to the pub cos they have to relieve their baby-sitter. So I don't get anyone to mull over the week's weirdness with.

I've tried, I bullied them for sponsorship but I think their all BB'ers at heart... :shock:
  18. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I've got a contest on sunday ! and I haven't done any practise because I'm so hooked onto this site!!!! :eek:
  19. mutsuj

mutsuj Member

It has only reconfirmed that banding is full of gimps
  20. Heather

Heather Member

I'm certainly on my computer alot more!
    Also get loads less housework done!
    Late nights - early mornings!
    Get to know loads of interesting stuff from a bandsmans point of view!
    Spend loads of time on MSN talking to my new best friend, Flashbarry who I met on here. Had a great few days earlier in the year when she came to stay with me and can't wait to share my news with her!
    All thanks to TMP!