How good is your ear? Interesting online hearing tests...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TheMusicMan, Dec 22, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Ok folks, I stumbled across several online hearing tests a few days ago. Have a go and see how you get on.

I also thought it would be a great idea to gauge how well tMP'ers hearing performs and have posted the three tests in seperate polls of their own. Don't forget though that due to the Annual Award nominations, all results of polls are non-viewable until the poll closes. Once the awards are completed you will once again be able to see the results of the polls on an ongoing basis.

In the meantime, if you do decide to take part in these online tests, as well as answering the poll by selecting which category your results fall in, please also indicate your results in a post in each test you take part in.

Here are the links to the seperate polls on tMP - and each contains a link to the test site.

Adaptive Pitch Test: this test plays two tones with ever decreasing frequencies between them. You have to indicate if the latter tone is higher or lower in pitch to the original tone.

Rythmical Phrase Test: This test will play a series of two rhythmical phrases (otherwise known as a "drum beat") and asks you if they are the same or different. Unlike the first test however, the differences between the phrases are only rhythmical.

Tone Phrase Test: this test is similar to the 2nd one, but you need to determine if there is a change in pitch during the phrase.

Have fun and enjoy :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Annual Award
    tMP'ers
    URL
    results of polls
    test site
  3. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

I think the alcoholic mince pies are getting to me, but I can't work out where to find the tests ... please put me out of my misery!!

4. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

oooh, found it - that's brilliant, thanks!

5. Tone 2.4Hz
    Rhythm 76%
    Pitch 89%

There are some really funky rhythms there!

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Tone 0.75Hz
    Rhythm 60%
    Pitch Over 90%

I am not destined for a shedbuilding role...

7. Griffis

Griffis Member

Tone 0.9Hz
    Rhythm 68%
    Pitch 80.6%

Not too bad i dont think :D

8. dazzyboy

dazzyboy Member

Tone Differentiation 1.65
    Rhythm 80%
    Pitch 97.2%