How do you select an own choice testpiece?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by JessopSmythe, Mar 8, 2007.

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Well, after a lot of hunting around I discovered that there is no complete list of testpieces to choose from. Until now that is.

Why not have a look at The (almost) Complete Testpiece Database

Although it's still under development so the database is limited to the last 20 years, it is fully functional and allows you a fair amount of search options.

There may still be an odd typo in it here and there so let me know if you spot any glaring errors or ommissions.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    testpiece
    Complete Testpiece Database
    choice
    lot
    list
  3. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Very useful - thanks. :clap:

4. oddbod

oddbod Member

That's a super start - hope you develop it - I have some older entries if they are any use (a lot of people do!) - I'm still looking for a piece for a contest in May and the list reminded me of a couple of juicy possibilities I'd overlooked...!

Thanks

5. horn1

horn1 Member

Thanks to your database I've just managed to reconstruct most of my contesting history! I've got a terrible memory! How about the areas before 1995 and Pontins before 2001?

Thanks!!

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Outstanding, what a resource

better than our wed night which consisted of pulling things we thought were test piece's and blowing down them, a heavy night!! But we found a good un in the end (he says as MD with cornet players cursing in background!!)

I look forward to seeing this site develop over time, great idea well done and thanks!

7. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Looks like a great site to me, and a very useful resource. Not wishing to be a nitpick, but a sentance from the homepage stuck out to me...
    SHould that be 1987?