How do you relax?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Apr 5, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I've had an OK but tiring day and I need to chill. Going to have a bath with some candles and a glass (or two) of white wine. Obviously if I was a Footballer's Wife I'd call for my personal masseur, take the American Express Black card to play on the internet, or take the Bugatti Vaeron for a spin, but hey.
    What's your best relaxation tip, both real and unreal...
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Having had 36 hours netless, (insert relevant curses aimed at service provider :ranting2: ) obviously causing me great distress and and a whole mass of withdrawal symptoms, I'm currently enjoying a jolly good tMP "fix" :biggrin: side by side with Mnozil Brass DVD, and a nice cold glass of diet coke. Ahhhhh bliss.

Easily satisfied, me. ;)
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I don't know what to say, Di! ... an addict's life is a difficult world to get away from! You could have done some ironing! :)
  4. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Go & wash your mouth out with soap & water immediately!! :eek:
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

ooOOOo relaxing is great!
    i go to the gym! workout all the stress of the day. then sit in the jacuzzi, steam room and go for a swim.

come out so unstressed and fitter to boot!!!

fit craigy!
  6. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

I always find battering seven shades out of a drum kit to be a particularly good stress reliever. You can always tell if I'm stressed at rehearsal, I generally hit lots of stuff harder than usual! It's always good to have the undivided attention of a loving female, however, we can't have everything!!!

7. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

I usually pop in a brass cd to listen to. Brass music always helps me relax.
    Hot baths work as well.
  8. Key2207

Key2207 Member

Hot baths
    Having a can of coke
    phoning/texting friends
  9. persins

persins Member

It's fairly obvious when I'm stressed at rehearsals. Apparently I tend to swear more obviously and have been known to toss the odd mute in disgust!

Going for a couple of quiet beers with my mates is the best relaxation technique for me.
  10. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Going Swimminmg after work:cool:
  11. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Me too! Only problem is, I'm a horn player....
  12. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Relax! Relax?

Do I have time to relax?

Well now you mention it, I do like to watch the 'odd' episode of Angel! Oh, and go on tmp. Oh, and I am currently relaxing in Gran Canaria :biggrin:

Oh dear, I must get ready for my hard night of drinking ahead! ;)
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
    And that's all I have to say. :tongue:
    P.S. Hope you have a lovely time really...
  14. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

And she still manages to get online! Saddict!!!!
  15. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Relaxing is a bit of a luxury I can't afford at the moment!

If and when I do have the time, I'll either go to the gym - tough while I'm there but I feel great afterwards, or just sit around watching pointless TV programmes just because I can.

In an ideal (and not at all real) world, I'd hop onto my private jet and fly over to my private tropical island for a while where I'd be tended on hand and foot.
  16. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I've just treated myself to some lovely pampering products so i fully intend to relax with them later. Nothing like relaxing with bubble bath, lots of hair products and facials. mmmmm
  17. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

Watch trashy tv hehe and also go to the's hard work while you are there but makes you feel amazing afterwards! :D