How do you eat yours?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

After just eating my first Creme Egg of the year (damn those promotional displays by the tills, solely there for suckers like me) I was curious as to peoples different methods of eating ones Creme Egg, does anyone do anything a little bit strange??

Personally I bite the top off and either suck the middle out or use the outside chocolates bits as a spoon.

Also, did anyone else ever think that the orange bit was blood and actually their gums were bleeding, or was this just me?
  2. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

well seeing as for the first time ever (or at least in years) the creme eggs didn't sell out before easter last year, and were hanging around in shops on special off for ages..., I'm not going to eat any this year just in case they're last years stock. Which would be bad.

But in the name of research, I'll answer your question. I usually attempt to peel mine.. i.e. get as much of the chocolate off as possible before the gunk in the middle goes everywhere. This works best if the egg is put in the fridge for a while..

and as for your second question... no, I never mistook it for gum-blood.. this is just you...
    what strange colour blood do you normally have anyway?
  3. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

I usually bit off the top and the bottom and then nibble one side away, eat the fondant and give the ther side to the dog :shock:

Sorry, like Keppler I did not think the orange bit was blood !!!!!!
  4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Down in one!
  5. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

I hate the sickly bloody things. They should be banned in the name of weight control and dental hygiene!

Just my humble opinion, of course.
  6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

But correct. Of course!

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Anyone else think they're getting smaller and smaller :?:

I must confess to being one of those who like to bite the top off and extract the goo, leaving the chocolate shell till last :oops:
  8. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Like Peter I like to bite the top off and suck / lick the creamy fondanty bit until I'm left with just the shell remaining. That goes in a oner to be crushed then allowed to melt in my mouth :)

I haven't had one so far this year but now I feel kinda compelled to go buy one ;)
  9. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I'm with Peter on both counts! And who cares about the dental aspect - I've never yet seen a broken filling as a result of a creme egg so they're well below Dairy Milk, "our Maud's boiled potatoes" (strange but true :!: ) and Thronton's toffee in the dental hate list!

And no....I never thought my gums were bleeding either!

Rach x
  10. twigglet

twigglet Member

mmm i just lovely cadbury's creme eggs (and yes they have definately got smaller...or maybe i just got bigger?!?)

Bite of the top, use tongue to extract 'yolk' then clean out the white and eat the shell nibbling round the chocolate clockwise (or anti-clockwise) whichever be your preference!
  11. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

does anyone else try to eat the middle bit last? it's quite hard, and i've not managed it yet!
  12. Keppler

Yes... as you'd know if you read my post :?

welcome back btw..
  13. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

bite of the top then suck and lick out the middle 8)
  14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Am very surprisd that nobody else thought the yolk part was blood, it used to really worry me when i was all little..... :?

As for the eat all the chocolate method....thats just messy!
  15. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

cant stand the flipping things. erghhhhh
  16. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Anyone else noticed, all Big Twigge's posts are about food!? :wink:

Personally I like to bite the top off then scoop the insides out with tongue/bits of shell. Although I'm with Keppler on the fridge thing especially in the summer. Those faux-creme-egg things which are actually praline or tryffle or caramel are also good for practising the extract-the-middle technique.

It is said that in certain chippies in Glasgow you can buy deep-fried creme eggs, but no-one has so far substantiated this wicked rumour. Yuk. :shock:

I'm sorry I've got to say this, at the risk of being severely moderated, is it because we're brass players that we're all so oral-fixated? Or is there some no Badger don't go down that road...:twisted:
  17. Keppler

that's not true BMB - BT was good enough to give us the plastic surgery thread..

Badger go on road -> Badger get run over.... ;)
  18. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

That's actually a very good point and true(except for cosmetic surgery one...although that could be food related at a push!)

I am now worrying for my sanity and fearing a life long obsession with food......hurrah!
  19. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Old badger proverb:
    Cornet player who upset badger get bitten on ankle :shock:
    (It's true, ask JS and Bagpuss)

20. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

either that or we're getting bigger probably from too many creme eggs!

ah yes! me too!!!!! Get in there wi yer fingers-mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bounce

flugel, utd co-op yorks.