how do i improve my playing????

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by perfect cadence, Jun 18, 2006.

1. ive got 2 a certain standard on my tenor horn and no matter how much practice i do i cant seem 2 improve it! just wondered if ne1 has any tips for me..... xxxxx:tongue:
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Which aspect of your playing are you looking to improve? Technical or sound? Do you have a tutor?
  3. mainly technical but sound aswel. no i avnt got a tutor anymore. xxx:tongue:
  4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

You've answered your own question here. I suggest that you go for a few lessons with an experienced teacher and they will probably be able to help. Even the best players sometimes need a second opinion on their playing, so there's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not suggesting you have weekly lessons, but the occasional consultation lesson would be a good idea.
  5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

If you want lessons, Graham O'Connor is an excellent teacher. ;) Ask him if he's got any time.

Playing in a band that you feel you're not ready for, can sometimes be a bit intimidating. But you will improve, along with the players around you. Confidence is what you need. Stop panicking! ;)