How Did You Do?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Steve, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

I am getting confused looking at the results from every area contest and spotting the bands where tMpers play. To find out how everyone got on I thought this would be easier.

We came 2nd in Midlands second section and are off to Harrogate. IMHO we played really well and deserved the result.

What about you lot?
  2. Trigger

Trigger Member

Will let you know weekend after next. But congratualtions on your result. :D
  3. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

came 6th in north west areas championship section, got a random trophy thing and are not going to london :cry: never mind!! i think we played really well, but congrats to leyland it must have been a stunnin performance! i personnally think that i played my part better on stage than i had ever played it in rehearsal.
  4. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I'm on the - "I'll let you know after this weekend" list.

Playing Coventry Variations with Clacton - 1st Section - L&SC.

Not sure whether I'm looking forward to it or not. Tell you on Sunday :D :D :D :D
  5. Di B

Di B Member

We came 3rd in the Midlands 4th Section and are off to the Nationals!

It will also turn into one of my 30th Birthday celebrations (I am 30 on the 9th September) so feel free to buy me a drink! :lol:
  6. winterman

winterman Member

We (Euph_Bari and I, with a bit of help from a few others :wink: ) came 2nd in 1st Section in Yorkshire.. See ya at Harrogate!!!

Mic Tyler
    Principle Euphonium
    Drighlington Band
  7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Myself and "tara" came 2nd in Yorkshire 2nd Section and are hence off to Harrogate!
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

We all thought we deserved a better result than we got, we came 7th in the yorkshire 3rd section and managed to get relegated to the 4th (pending possible appeal, not sure what's happening with that yet) :oops: :cry: :shock: :shock: :? :( .
    We came last in last years 3rd section area so that didn't help us much. Good luck to Stanley Newmarket who won the 3rd Section and got promoted back to the 2nd, lets hope you've filled all your vacancies "permenantly" by the time Harrogate comes around!!

Emley Brass Band (we drink better than we play but hopefully under the tenure of Ploughboy we're putting that right, and that doesn't mean we're slacking off on the ale!!) No-one parties harder than Emley, the friendliest band in the country. :guiness :bounce
  9. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Bit of an extreme weekend for me

Saturday - Placed 2nd in the fourth section with Newland Concert Brass, off to Harrogate and the proudest moment of my banding career so far

Sunday - 10th place with Broxburn and the lowest ebb of my banding career.

Still, Harrogate here we come and hopefully a decent test piece
  10. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

5th place Scottish Championship Section.Qualify for the Scottish Open so not too bad.
  11. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Despite a weird and surreal weekend, 1st in Midlands 1st section for us, so look out Harrogate
  12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

1st Section Midlands. Last. Relgated. Damn. :(
  13. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

8th in the Midlands 2nd Section for us, but we aren't 100% sure whether we've avoided relegation yet (got a 16th and a 17th to go with our 8th!)
  14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Northwest, 2nd section, 9th place... although you already know that steve due to angry texts... :cry:
  15. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

Came 4th in the Championship Section in Wales. Due to Tredegar's 2nd placing from last year's finals and BAYV Cory's 3rd in London, we have qualified by the skin of our teeth. Some people in the bar thought we played very well indeed and it would be a top 2 performance. We were all slightly dissapointed with the result even though it meant a trip to London this October!

The only thing in out favour in London, is its down to three people this time, instead of the one person at the area!!
  16. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

We (being Ploughboy and I) came 7th in the Yorkshire Areas 3rd section. Our opinion? We were robbed ... but that's life ... one persons opinion against anothers ... I'm sure some warped guy said that somewhere along the line :lol:
  17. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Ahem!!..And 2nd man down!!
  18. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Yeah I know now! :D
  19. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Eh up 2nd Man long have you been gracing our screens?

Cheers for the congratulations. A great 1st place for us and we are very much looking forward to Harrogate! Unfortunately I was tracking down some serious coffee while you were on stage (early morning :shock: ) so I can't comment on your result but I've heard some good remarks. Hope you can avoid the drop.

Most seats are now permanently filled. Just a bass trom, back row and bass to recruit!

Oh and I can confirm that no-one parties harder than 2nd Man Down :guiness :lol:
  20. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Sorry, I can't get away from that fact ... we know!!! :D