How bad is this?!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DublinBass, Feb 26, 2005.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

18:15 Comic Relief Does Fame Academy (Now showing)

This isn't even a poor man's X-factor...If you played it in Iraqi'd get charged with human rights violations!!!

Don't get me wrong...I'm so glad to see shows raising money for charity, but these people couldn't find a pitch if they were in the middle of Old Tratford, they couldn't find a key if they were a custodian, they couldn't ...etc...
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Hmmmmm... as you say, it's for charity, so.... as long as they raise lots of money then WHOOO!!

3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

dont listen to it then...
  4. DublinBass

With performances like this (that)...I fear they won't...I sure hope they do, but...I'm not optimistic :S
  5. Naomi McFadyen

They are celebraties.... who are admitting they can't sing... but they are doing it for chairty and I'm sure the general public will support it all the same... as they do, with anything....

6. DublinBass

Fair enough...but, this is British television and thereis nothing good on!!
  7. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yup it is very bad!!!!...even though its for charity they could at least put something "entertaining" on. Oh well glad I downloaded Team America now :clap:
  8. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

get a dvd/video
  9. Naomi McFadyen

It's not about the singing anyway :) it's the money!!! :lol:
  10. DublinBass

Okay I won't complain anymore (The Tonight Show and Conan are on at 8pm and True Lies at 9:15)

I hope they raise Mu-Go-Guy-Bucks...

(sorry...end of rant)
  11. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Just one question here (or maybe two)

How long has it taken you to discover that British TV is dire?

(2nd question :Who did the great American Peepul elect as their president for another term?)
  12. Naomi McFadyen

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  13. DublinBass

BUSH!!! I VOTED FOR HIM TOO...and If you remember the last thread that went down these lines got modded...we'll leave it there ;)
  14. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Whats that got to do with tv
  15. rutty

rutty Active Member

Don't worry about that. Just be aware that American TV is 100 times worse than British TV. I've experienced it - we get all the GOOD stuff - all the rest of the dross is broadcasted ad nauseam all day interspersed with 6 ad slots pers hour. All adverts, no content. In comparison, Brit TV is gold, even the crappy sitcoms.

It's true what they say - 500 channels and nothing to watch ;)

PS. Guiness does not help mental processes ;)
  16. DublinBass

That last statement is obviously true!!!

American TV is the best thing on the Telly in Britain....the only bad thing about American Telly is the adverts and they taen most of them out in the UK!!!
  17. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

so why'd he start going on bout Bush anyway whats ad mauseam mean?An friends is good an thats american.
  18. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Pat, I reckon you're about right - US sit-coms and the odd drama (like ER) are much, much better than the offal offered these days by most of the British networks.

As far as comedy goes I think we've really lost our way - the days of Fawlty Towers and Blackadder seem a way away now. OK we have The Office (finished) The Legue of Gentlemen (finished?) Little Britain - but they are a small speck in the general comic dross we get.

As for Fame Academy/Comic Relief - I hate to say this Pat, but I think maybe you miss the very British characteristic of taking delight in seeing someone who is normally a polished performer going out in public and making a total idiot of themselves - it's the old small minded British attitude at its best :-?
  19. DublinBass

So you're telling me that these people are actually good at something and performing out of their genre for charity?

From the TV guide programmer it sounded like an X-Factoresque competition...where some would compete to be in later rounds?
  20. rutty

rutty Active Member

The American stuff we see in the UK is all the good stuff. 98% of the stuff on American TV is complete rubbish. HBO is the shining beacon of American TV, while most of the other networks might have one or two good shows.

Be thankful that we have the BBC, because public TV in the States is RUBBISH!!!!

Now, I'm off to watch QVC for a bit ;)

(actually, I'm off to bed -rock and roll!)