Hotels for family during Nationals in Harrogate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 3rd Cornet Lou, Aug 18, 2004.

1. 3rd Cornet Lou

3rd Cornet Lou New Member

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me....

My parents plus my boyf want to come and support us at the National Contest in Harrogate, but cannot find any hotels with reasonably priced rooms anywhere in the area (tried Harrogate, Leeds, Knaresborough, etc). :(

Has anyone managed to find a good deal for any of their supporters?

Would love some feedback on this! Good news preferable, of course! :lol:

2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

There used to be a little B&B right opposite the conference centre thingy where the contest is held. It really is very tiny but it cost £18 for a double room in 1999 :shock:
    Can't remember the name but I'm sure it was on Kings Road or Alexandra Road.
    Have you tried
    http://www.smoothound.co.uk/
    or just do a googlesearch for B&Bs in Harrogate
    BMB
    xx

3. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

You could always try looking slightly further-a-field...... Try Travel Inn / Lodge at Scotch Corner (within 30 min from Harrogate), or the "Sleep Inn (part of Quality/Comfort Inn chain) at Newton Aycliffe (again, within 30 mins of Harrogate).

Not an ideal situation if you all fancy a beverage or several, but something worth considering nonetheless.

4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

There's no way that all the hotels and guest houses in Harrogate are full - they never are! Try the Tourist Information Office on 01423 537300

D

5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

there is a travel lodge just outside YOrk nr Tadcaster which is about £50 for a double room per night. It is about 30 mins from Harrogate. That's where I am staying and combining it with a weeks holiday.

6. Straightmute

...then don't forget to spend an evening at the theatre in York watching Brassed Off, but make sure you choose a night when Harrogate are playing!

D

7. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

When will that be then? :lol:

8. Straightmute

The show runs from 6th - 25th September at the Theatre Royal in York. We're doing the performances on 6th, 8th, 9th, 14th, 15th, 17th and 18th September.

Sorry to hijack the Finals thread. I'm down at the TIC tomorrow so will make enquiries.

D