Horn Players Unite !

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by EIBB_Ray, Mar 10, 2005.

1. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

I don't know how people feel about the Kelly Lexan mouthpieces, but I think we should at least have the option of getting one (which they do not offer a tenor horn mp now)

So, please go to their website http://www.kellymouthpieces.com/ and click on the "vote here" link (under the Win a Free Mouthpiece" title) and vote for "Tenor Horn" mouthpiece to be then next one they design and offer.

For $19 I'd probably get one or 2 just for the novelty.......(if only I had the choice.)
  2. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Yeh, why is it they don't make them? Are horns not as popular in America?
  3. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Exactly, Tenor Horn is a virtually unknown instrument here, used to be used some in marching bands, now pretty much only Brass Bands (and we have an extreme fewer number of them here.)

I studied music at university and tenor horn is not even a studied instrument, didn't pick up a tenor horn until a friend coerced me into trying it and I got hooked on this brass band thing. Now I have a french horn sitting in the corner collecting dust.

So, we need horn players from other parts of the world (most notably Britain) to show they're interest (or at least feign it, for the sake of those of us who want one.)
  4. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

So, we need horn players from other parts of the world (most notably Britain) to show they're interest (or at least feign it, for the sake of those of us who want one.)[/QUOTE]

i have given them what for!

Its crazy that they dont make them for all instruments that exist.

thanks for pointing this out, us horn players need to stick together.:clap:
  5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

absolutely...!!! I hate cold mouthpieces. Would definately get and recommend..

any chance of making this a sticky? everyone should vote on this :p
    I've filled in a load of blurb in the 'other comments' box too in the hope they take note.
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Why not eh?!! Anything to help our fellow horn players! ;)

Stuck for a few days................
  7. Moy

Moy Active Member

Here, here - have added my tupence worth as well.
    Let us know if anyone hears anything back please.

Good luck. ;)
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Well I've filled out a form!
  9. tedmundo

tedmundo Member

Isn't this instrument called Alto horn in the USA?
    And is the mouthpiece receiver the same size?
    Just a point to make clear if the chance arises.
  10. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

I've voted for you!
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Kate-The-Horn and I have been badgering (hahaha!) KellyMouthpieces since November and they assured us tenor horn mouthpieces would be available from around April this year. Don't know whether they intend to stick to this, but the more badgerers the merrier. As I always say.

12. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well just to be helpful to fellow hornists, I've asked them for a tenor horn mouthpiece too! But I don't want one. What next? Plastic Tenor Horns? I'm with VenusTromster, keep it metal. :)
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Yea ok, but what about the poor little kid with the red face and sores because of an allergy to metal? Not all mouthpieces are bought just for "the looks". I too tried calling Kelly at the tail end of last year and they did say that a horn mouthpiece was "on the drawing board as we speak". So fingers crossed, something should come out soon.

So in the meantime Mr R, do you have any other solutions for allergy sufferers?
  14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

15. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Ave it... Designed soley for pansies...
  16. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Speak for yourself. I want one theyre ace oh an i am a girl so i can be a girl. Dont want a pink one though i want a crystal purple, crystal blue, black, glow in the dark an poss crystal red an green. Erm how much are these things... Ive already voted for tenor horn an they said they are gonna make em :D .
  17. Phoenixhorn

Phoenixhorn Member

I dont agree with the comment about being girls who want these mouthpieces. I am no girl but i have said i would like the tenor horn to have the mouthpieces made. They are good for Novelty value and I would buy one simply for that.
  18. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

Me too!! :-D
  19. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

I've voted but I reserve judgement as to what they'll be like until I'll actually tried one. I believe they don't give as much resistance as a metal mouthpiece. It may however be useful for Remembrance Sunday when its so cold you feel as the your mouthpiece is going to remove the top layer of your lip!
  20. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

you should get a spare then chris