horn player

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by fiona20, Sep 13, 2005.

1. fiona20

fiona20 New Member

Im a student at Leeds uni and im looking for a band to play with. Ive played solo horn with a 2/3 section band and im a member of NYBBS. Im willing to give anything a go though!

2. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Hello Fiona - Kippax Band in East Leeds are short of a 2nd Horn.
    Have a look at www.kippaxband.co.uk and if you are interested in coming down for a blow just email or phone the contact numbers and we'll send you some directions.
    - Ian W.
  3. stockslinc

stockslinc New Member

Hi Fiona, we have a vacancy in our horn section so if you fancy a night at Stanley Band Mon or Thurs i can arrange a lift from Leeds. Please contact me.
  4. multiman

multiman Member

Lofthouse 2000 based between Leeds and Wakefield maybe able to accomodate you, although they have a Child Protection policy so they would not be able to offer lifts.
  5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

What that then? Surely if she's a student then she'll be over 18. Unless of course you have a 17 year old offering a lift which of course she wouldn't be able to accept.:sup
  6. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Well actually some Scottish students (like myself) go to university when they are 17.
  7. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

17?:clap: but she's called Fiona20 - but I'm not even going to speculate what the 20s for - would be in breach of our CPP too.
  8. fiona20

fiona20 New Member

thanks for the replies, but ive found a band to play with now! Im actually 21, so need to update my username!!
  9. gaz

gaz New Member

Stocksbridge require a 1st horn player