Horn player seeking band in South Yorks

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by perfect cadence, May 7, 2006.

1. :D Hi......
    im a Horn player and im looking for a brass band in the south Yorkshire area.... ive been playing 7 years and im at grade 7standard and i am a very dedicated musician, im willing to play any possition 2nd 1st etc... but i am looking for a 2nd or 1st section band..... so if any of you need a horn player in southyorks, let me know

all the best
    Laura Scott

2. timbloke

timbloke Member

Get in touch with Yorkshirepuddin (Claire) at Oughtibridge Band (north-west Sheffield), they are a freindly and good 4th section band who are looking for a solo horn player. I know it's not what you said you were after but I'm sure if you went for a blow you'd soon realise it is what you want to do. ;) Rehearsals are tuesday and thursday in Oughtibridge.

Best of luck with finding a band.

Tim

3. what times are the practices?

4. 7.30 - 9.30, They're a good bunch, and you'd be sitting between two lovely lass's who i'm sure you'd get on with!

Garry

5. thanx...... what possition would they want me on?
    cos i dnt wanna step on any1s toes if ya know what i mean?

all the best
    Laura Scott

6. Cheers Garry, never knew you could be so nice to the token ginger person in the band!! :D

Me and Sarah would look after you!!

There would be no toe stepping, our previous solo horn player has moved onto cornet to cover that, but have been looking for solo horn previous to her move!
    If you want any more information, pm me, and if you just want to come along for a blow to see what the crack is you'll be more than welcome.

Hope to hear from you soon

Claire

7. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Hi perfect cadence

Strata Brass are looking for a 1st Horn at the moment.
    We are 2nd section and rehearse on a Sunday and Wednesday from 7:45 to 9:30.
    We have our own Bandroom in Hoyland just off J35 or 36 of M1
    Our MD is David Hirst who used to conduct Brighouse and Rastrick

Rehearsals are well attended and there is a good bandroom atmosphere.

A large part of the band go to a pub after rehearsals.

See our web site or send me a PM if you want further information

8. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

We are looking for Solo and 2nd horn player. please get in touch.