Horn Player Looking for Band!!!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by krishan church, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Horn player looking for 1st/Championship secion band in the local area. I am currently studying chemistry at Huddersfield University and would love to continue with my brass banding hobby. However, i will require a lift from relatively close walking distance to the university.

Hope to hear from any potential bands soon, feel free to PM me or contact 07780812334

2. jim

jim Member

All the best with finding a new band Krishan, im sure you will get snapped up, Thanks again for doing that job with Flowers in the summer.
  3. cheers James, once again that is no problem at all!
    I would just like to thank a few bands in the area who have been kind enough to let me sit in rehersals to keep my lip in, but now i am ready to commit at the top level in the yorkshire area!
  4. I am still looking to get back into banding!!! I am a talented horn player living in Huddersfield and i will definately not dissapoint. I have had great contesting experience with my time at Newbridge (Celynen) and have improved no end. I only strive to get better and my motivation is second to none.

Feel free to PM me or contact me at any time 07780812334.

Thanks Again
  5. After a year working in Germany as part of my university course i will be back in Huddersfield from September and want to get into banding again after a couple of years out! However i cannot travel to rehersals by car so lifts would be required but im prepared to even catch the train to rehersals if there are any bands that are looking further a field!

My contact details are still as above and am willing to help any band of any section as i would just like to get my lip back in again and i really have the hunger to start competing again. Despite being fairly young i have had good success as a player with a few bands in my time but had to leave for university commitments. This will be my final year of my degree and possibly considering settling down in the yorkshire area after i have graduated because i love it so much! i am reliable, very hard working, haven't lost my desire to push myself to the limit playing wise and i really love a challenge so if you are aware of any vacancies from September onwards please get in touch!

6. Would you play barritone??
  7. I would have gave it a go but horn is my main instrument and since the last post i have had some interest so my future is looking bright! willing to help you out though if you ever need it :)
  8. Trombone84

Trombone84 New Member

Have you looked at The Yorkshire Band? New band of Royal British Legion. Its a concert band but might be worth a look. I found it on here and through Twitter.
  9. blue juice

blue juice Member

Would you be interested in the Uni Brass Band? Rehearse Wednesday mornings and really short of tenor horns.
  10. yes quite possibly depending on my timetable for this year coming which i will find out on the 21st September!
  11. Thanks for all recent enquiries but thanks to themouthpiece I am now settled at a band but if any bands need a horn player to dep then I will do my best to help you out! Contact details as above or PM me, a lift would be required from Huddersfield though.