Horn player looking for band (North East)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by T Winch, Mar 18, 2007.

1. T Winch

T Winch Member

100% Commited horn player seeking band with good rehearsals, busy contest/concert schedule and active social scene. I have held Solo Horn position in 1st section band for several years but would be willing to consider an ambitious lower section band or lower position in championship section band

2. Hi

Don't know if you are within distance but I have a slight feeling that Stanhope Band need a new top horn

Their MD is Steve Robson BA Hons

Steve is a friend of mine from the Band Studies course and is a very good MD, and a decent bloke aswell, so if your close enough to them give them a call or get in contact with them

Good luck in finding a band

3. JayHorn

JayHorn New Member

Come for a Blow

Hello T. JC at RMT here. Why don't you come down and have a blow on Thursday we have 1st available but if you up for the challenge I may have to move down. We are rehearsing Paganini at the moment for contest in Scotland in April and well you how social this band is!!

4. T Winch

T Winch Member

Hi Jonathan. I was talking to Peter Lawson last night. Unfortunately I've already promised to help a band for the Carnegie contest but I'll try and get down for a blow. Don't know about this Thursday though as I'm just back from holiday where I had a bit of an accident and bashed my mouth in so that will take a few days to sort my lips out.

As for you moving down for me... well thanks but you know I'm not fit to polish your bell-end!!

5. JayHorn

JayHorn New Member

OO-er Missus!!!
    Who you playin for at Carnegie?

6. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Move back down here Trevor! I know of a band that meets most of your criteria!

Good luck with the search mate.

7. T Winch

T Winch Member

I'd move back down there tomorrow Ian if only I could prize my wife away from Sunderland!! (And there's only one band I would consider joining)

8. T Winch

T Winch Member

Felling

9. Sparky

Sparky Member

Hi,
    if you are interested in coming a bit further north you would be more than welcome to come and join us at NW Ellington. We have good rehearsals and have a busy schedule this year (as always). We also have players who are prepared to move around to accomodate new players so a position in our horn section would not be a problem.
    We rehearse in Pegswood near Morpeth (not too far from the A1) on Wednesdays and Sundays and our pro conductor is Alan Fernie.

10. sal

sal New Member

Hi Trev we have a solo horn position, ours just upped and left without saying a word dont know where he got to. Anyway if you think you're up to it come for a blow, cant be any worse than the last one!!! luv sal xxxx

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Horn player
    Solo Horn
    North East
    championship section band
    ambitious lower section band
  12. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Wow Trev!!! you certainly are a popular man and a dash good palyer to boot!

I hope you find a new home soon.

13. JayHorn

JayHorn New Member

Hi Trev. Someone sounds a little bitter. You can't please everyone eh? Get my number (from Peter or Julie T might have it. Not sure about putting it on here) and give me a call and we'll have a bit crack about coming down for a rehearsal. I am on holiday for a week. My next rehearsal is Sunday 15th April. See ya

14. T Winch

T Winch Member

Yours didn't just up & leave without saying a word. Your chairman was informed at the beginning of February that he would be leaving after the areas. I am reliably informed that he misses his horn section though xxx