Horn player in need of band!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by yonhee, Aug 30, 2005.

1. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Hi, I play tenor horn and am looking for a 3rd, 4th or youth band near Lancaster as I rely on parents to ferry me around.
  2. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

move house

Get the olds to move house, to ripon and come and join us.
  3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Just a few minor problems there like jobs and school... But if you can hang on for 5 years Ill come and join then :D
  4. Trog's

Trog's Member

I would suggest Pilling Band, I know that there are a few people travelling from Lancaster to them, and it not that far anyway.

I used to play with them and they are a good bunch.
  5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Do you know if they need a horn? I looked on their website and it said they need players on most instruments...
  6. Trog's

Trog's Member

Sorry I don't know, I've lost touch with the comings and goings there, I would suggest contacting Emily or Andy, who's numbers are on the web site.

If you struggle to contact them, pm me and I'll have a look in my contacts to see if I have their numbers!
  7. emilyhallett26

emilyhallett26 New Member

Im from Pilling Band and we are in need of a 2nd horn player if you are interested!!?? We do have people travelling from Lancaster / Galgate so it would only be the odd occasion you'd need a lift from your parents. We rehearse Tues & Thurs 8 - 9.45. If you are interested either PM me or email me emilyhallett26@yahoo.co.uk!!

Emily Hallett (Pilling Band)
  8. sywity

sywity New Member

Hi Yonhee....

Yes just to confirm what my mate Em said.....We are in need of a second horn player if you fancy it!!!! We are a 2nd section (locally) and 3rd section (national) band......let us know if you fancy it!!!

Simon Scholes
    Solo Horn
    Pilling Jubilee Silver Band
  9. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

Hi, if you are looking for a great band look for parr band (st helens)

if you are interested private message me or add this msn

it is a fun and friendly band. the MD is john smith.

please consider my proposal
  10. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Noooooooooo! Don't tell her that! Lol, only pokin yonhee! Well if you're thinking of leaving just make sure you do what I did...wait until Laurie's outside smoking before you tell him! He might need something to calm his nerves after 3 players leaving in the space of a week! Oooh and if you're coming to lancs schools next rehearsal you can talk to Brian about it there. Good luck x
  11. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Wow everyone likes me! Erm yeh, Im going to talk to Brian (I cant go this saturday Hanna) and see if he thinks Im good enough and stuff...
  12. emilyhallett26

emilyhallett26 New Member

Hi Yonhee....

Its Emily from Pilling Band again...... I've just been talking to Brian and he said he's happy for you to come along. He said to come along and just put in what you can (like the rest of us!) So really i'm just saying PLEASE come along and don't worry about not being good enough we are all there to learn. Like i said the other day if you need transport let me or Sy know and we'll sort something.

Emily (Solo Cornet Pilling Band) :p