Horn, Manchester

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Rach_Horn, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

Hi. I have just moved to Manchester and i am studying music at Salford Uni where i play in both the Uni bands. I play Tenor horn and before moving here was playing first horn in a Midlands championship section band. I would just be interested to know what horn vacancies are available in the area at the moment if i do decide to look for a band in the future.

Thanks

Rach

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    championship section band
    horn
    band
    Midlands
    Thanks Rach
  3. luke

luke New Member

Arnfield brass just out side manchester are looking for horn players for more info about the band look on are website www.arnfieldbrass.co.uk

4. As you'll see in a thread he's just put on, Blackley band, near manchester require a horn player, and i highly recommend them. They are a really friendly band which high ambitions and i feel they are progressing at a very good rate. i went to conduct them for a rehearsal a few months ago and they were a solid group, now they have more players and they are even better. check out the thread from perc-guy, hope this helps and good luck with finding a band

Clive

5. Hi, You still looking for a band to play with???

6. SteveT

SteveT Member

Dobcross Band are a Horn short.......... Saddleworth Band and Championship section too! Great experience for you!

Try their web site

Dobcross Silver

7. Ali

Ali Member

We are still looking for a horn player. If intrested please get in touch with MD Dennis Hadfield on 07957 871239. Ta.

8. hornyas

hornyas Member

Vacancy

We are currently holding auditions for lower horns at Besses. If you are interested contact James Holt - details are on the website www.besses.co.uk

Rob

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

Go for Besses, who could resist the chance to sit in a section with Rob!!!

10. hornyas

hornyas Member

Resisting

hehe :biggrin:

you thinking of switching to horn and having a go steve?? lol

11. Steve

Steve Active Member

Aye, go on then. Haven't played one of them in a while, just waiting for the outcome of the "is the horn a girlie instrument" before I make a final decision!! Can I claim benefits for being a horn player? ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    championship section band
    horn
    band
    Midlands
    Thanks Rach
  13. hornyas

hornyas Member

Benefits

hehe...
    The benefit of playing off-beats in marches is a benefit, if off-beats get you hot:-? hmmm. Not.
    Surely sitting in the same section as a nice down to earth Aussie bloke like me would be a benefit:p
    I seem to drink more now that I am on horn --- that's sort of a benefit:biggrin: - not that I needed to drink anymore than I did lol - crikey!
    If I didn't play horn, people would think I was just plain dodgy for choosing hornyas as my tmp username - so yeah, the benefit of choosing dodgy names with a legitimate excuse.
    Gee - the benefits are endless!!! Steve, I'd get on the phone to James asap!!!!

14. Steve

Steve Active Member

Horny_Steve (Moderator) I like it a lot!! haha

Anyway, this is disgracefull behaviour on my part and I am officially modding myself. TOPIC.....finding a band for Rach! Anymore out there?

15. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I could!

Especially after looking at his picture compared to Rachel. I know who I'd rather sit next to. :)

16. flugelboy

flugelboy Member

rachels a good player,a play flugel with the adelphi band at uni and can vouge for the fact she could play in any section,so come on bands,place your offers!!

17. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Of course, not just ANYONE can play horn! You have to be sensitive, strong and very 'thick skinned'! Not sure if horn is right for you Steve! ;)

Sorry Rach, hope you get settled somewhere soon.

18. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Hi Rach.

Freckleton are looking for a Solo horn if you fancy it. Need another female on the section, otherwise I'm gonna be out numbered :( If you're interested, either pm myself or AndyCat.